India – Japan Relations : Summary of India Japan Summit 2017 Summary
In the previous article – An Alliance on Track where we have discussed how Japan succeeded in taking over China in bullet train despite China being leader in the high speed industry. In the current article we will Discuss about complete India- Japan Summit, 2017 details :-
Measure MOUS, Aggrements and Highlight of India – Japan Summit ,2017
- Mumbai – Ahemdabad Bullet Train Project Foundation
- Bullet train project worth 1.1 Lakh Crore from Mumbain to Ahembda , 552 KM long to be completed 2022
- 80% finance by Japan as soft loan spread over 50 year with 0.1% of interest rate.
- Modi ji has termed the project as eco friendly and humanity friendly.
- Raiway Academy Varodara – Will train the people needed for the project.
- BHEL and Japan’s Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd will do the ties for manufacturing of rolling stocks.
- Joint Statement on North-Korea Nuclear Test Condemn
- Both the leaders has come strongly condemn for the Noth Korea Recent Aggressions which will lead to instability in the world.
- India has tried to put the role of Pakistan and well as China for NK’s Nuclear technology gain.
- Japan has tried to bring India to the forfront of the NK issue, like Japan supported the Doklam issue.
- Terming Terrorism of Any Kind as Unacceptable
- India and Japan issued joint statement for the terrorist and pledged to work on cross border terrorism.
- Emphasized the implementation of UNSC Resolution 1267 for terrorist.
- Both countries emphasized to bring the 2088 mumbai attackers to justice and convening of 5th India-Japan Consultation on terrorism.
- Japan India Empahsasized on Free and Prosperous Ind-Pacific Reason : An Challenge to China’s Aggregation
- This was particularly about the South China Sea , without naming it in the declaration.
- Japan’s statement about expanding its based from East Asia to South East Asia including the east Africa – reflects its aspiration to play the global role during the time when US is trying to withdraw from world politics.
- It referenced the Internal Law on Sea Navigation and stability in the South China Sea.
- Japan emphasized on Panoram View of World Map as part of its Foreign Policy.
- Japan Asian Africa Corridor Gowth – Counter to China’s OBOR intiative
- Japan wanted to connect to Africa via India where In Japan will contribute $30 billion and 10$ billion by India.
- This agreement is more focused on expanding Japan;s intention to expand in African Countries where India relations are really nice with them mostly the east african countries.
- Both Japan and India including US to work together for development of this corridor this will counter china’s expansion in African continents.
- 15 Different Trade Agreements and MOUs are also signed
- These are regarding Defence, Disaster and risk management, japanese language education etc.
- Agreements were signed for India Japan Act East Forum to enhence the connectivity and development projects in north eastern region.
- Agreement were signed for Cool EMS Service where fresh food can be transferred from Japan to India.
- MOUs are signed for development and strengthen the Capacity of Research and Effectiveness in defence and Sustainable Energy.
- Link Of the Official Joint Statements and Agreements – Towards a Free, Open and Prosperous Indo-Pacific
Critical Analysis of India Japan Relations and Recent India Japan Summit 2017 – What it Mean to India and World
- India and Japan has come closer to fill the gap which US creating by withdrawing from active issues of the world, and to counter the China’s aggression as China’s intents are not clear however India and Japan both are democratic countries where both has to answer the people – Which guaranty the right path for further progress.
- There is around $13Billion Trade is there between India and Japan where as its more then $70billion with China and $278 billion between Japan and China – So it is necessary to move forward with each other on very careful way like not indulging in direct conflict with China by both Japan and India directly.Trade deficit has been increased in the recent year.
- Civil Nuclear Nuclear Deal with India and Japan – This is the first ever successful deal by Japan with a country which has not signed the NPT, this significant progress and prospect of India-Japan relations.
- India and Japan has signed agreement for Development of Highways in North east with the help of Soft Loan from Japan. This connectivity will add on existing projects to connect Bangladesh, Myanmar and beyond along with BBIN and BIMSTEC motor vehicle AGreements
- Japan is third largest FDI contributor to India which is very significant.
- Japan is investing aggressively or rather helping India to build various infrastructure etc.
India Japan strong relation is very important for the stability in the Indo-Pacific reason and to counter China’s aspiration to fill the gap which Us is creating.
Other Articles Poster in International Relations