About Avdesh Meena upsc topper, books for general studies, IAS Topper 2016, Scores of Avdesh Meena, Story of Avdesh Meena, Strategy by UPSC topper Avdesh Meena, UPSC 2016 Topper,
The Successful Story of Avdesh Meena: 2016 UPSC CSE Topper, Rank- 32
So today we are going to discuss the journey of another topper who made everyone proud. Avdesh Meena is a small town child but being a small town child never disheartened him and he never gave up on his preparation.
UPSC Civil Services Exam is a very prestigious exam. There are many young people who are preparing for CSE but to crack it is not everyone’s cup of tea. But as we all know Nothing is Impossible. So, anyone can do it by his/her dedication and hard work.
UPSC conducts exams for the recruitment of various civil services which include IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IRS (Indian Revenue Service), IRTS (Indian Railway Traffic Service) etc.
The profession of IAS Officer is a dream of many young aspirants, but the journey towards it is not at all easy. You have to be dedicated to your preparation.
So, let’s start with his journey.
About Avdesh Meena
Name: Avdesh Meena
Rank: AIR 32
Year: CSE 2016
Optional Subject: Civil Engineering
No. of Attempts: 2
Avdesh belongs to a small village in Rajasthan. He belongs to a village where people migrate to different cities for various options. But Avdesh never took it as a drawback, he gave his 100% to his preparation & made his dream come true. Avdesh is a person who always believed in hard work that’s why he never took advantage of his ST category. He always took admission through the general category.
In one of his interviews, he said that “Although I could have got a good pay package being an engineer, I could have only helped in one aspect for the people in my village. By joining the civil services, I would be able to use the powers that come along with the post and use my technical knowledge to make better policies for the benefit of people.”
He is the only person in his family who choose civil services as his career & became an IAS officer. He also said that “I never felt any pressure from my family while I was preparing for the examination. On the contrary, my mother shifted to Delhi so that I could prepare properly without thinking about anything else. In times when I used to think of giving up, she was the one who kept it all together.”
Marks of Avdesh Meena
He secured in total of 1062 marks out of 2025 & became a national topper by getting rank 32nd all over India. His marks are given below.
Compulsory/ Mandatory Papers
General Studies I: 115
General Studies II: 73
General Studies III: 121
General Studies IV: 108
Optional Paper I: 213
Optional Paper II: 143
Written Total: 908
Personality Test/ Interview: 154
Total Marks: 1062
Books are the important choice for UPSC CSE preparation as the syllabus of the CSE is very huge. So, some books which Avdesh used to read during his preparation are discussed below.
- Polity- Laxmikant, Vajiram notes
- Modern History – Spectrum, NCERT, Vajiram notes
- Ancient History and culture – NCERT, Vajiram Notes, Mrunal Videos on Art and culture
- Medieval History- NCERT
- Environment- Shankar IAS
- Economics – NCERT of 11th & 12th
- Geography- NCERT of 11th & 12th s
- World History- Vision IAS add-on material
- International relations- Newspaper, Vision current affairs
- Science and Tech- Newspaper, Vision Current affairs
- Security – Newspaper, Vision Current affairs
- Social Issues- Newspaper, Vision Current affairs
- Disaster management- Vision value-added material, Vision Current affairs
The preparation strategy is must to clear the UPSC Civil Services Examination. So some of the points which you should consider during your preparation are discussed below.
- There is no alternative for hard work, this will be your prime strategy for the preparation. Never stop doing hard work.
- If you don’t know how to make a strategy then listen to other toppers, listen to their strategy and then find the perfect strategy according to you.
- Do not treat studies as a burden. If you will feel study as a burden then you will never be able to enjoy your preparation. So try to enjoy studies during your preparation.
- Try to use mobile phones as less as possible. Keep your social life to minimal.
- UPSC preparation is a long process, so the support of your family is must to handle all ups & downs during your preparation. So always keep in touch with your family to handle the ups & downs easily.
- Focus on your strategy or preparation rather than focusing on the result. Do not think deeply about you will get selected or not. Give your 100% to your preparation, rest everything will fall in its place.
- Try to contact all of your friends who are preparing seriously for UPSC. Discuss with them about various topics, try to find how they are preparing for CSE. But do not rely on their strategy, listen to them & only take the points which will be suitable for you.
- Read a newspaper daily, it is must to clear the CSE as CSE is all about current affairs. Nothing is better than newspapers to get the updated news. Not only read the newspaper but make notes of the important news, this will help you at the time of revision.
- If you are studying like doing your graduation then you have sufficient time to prepare. So in this scenario start your preparation two years before the actual year of the exam. This will we very helpful for you & the chances to clear the exam are more as you will get enough time to prepare for the exam.
- Follow a regular timetable. Time management is must, so make a timetable according to your comfortability & strictly follow the timetable.
So this was the journey of another UPSC topper & the strategy followed by him.
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.