About Naveen Bhat upsc topper, Books for UPSC preparation, IAS Topper 2016, Scores of IAS Topper, Scores of Naveen Bhat, Story of Naveen Bhat, Strategy by UPSC topper Naveen Bhat, UPSC IAS Topper, UPSC Preparation Strategy
UPSC Preparation Strategy by Dr. Naveen Bhat: 2016 UPSC Topper, AIR 37
UPSC conducts an exam every year for the recruitment of various Civil Services. The examination is called Civil Services Examination. There are many young aspirants who are preparing for the exam and everyone wants to clear the exam. But it is one of the toughest exams in India, so no one can crack it without hard work.
It needs a lot of hard work and dedication to clear the exam. But anyone can clear the exam by his/her hard work and a very well planned strategy. We hope that after reading this article you will be able to prepare some strategies for your own and clear the exam.
We always try to help all the candidates who are preparing for the exam on their own. So, in this article, we are going to tell you another inspirational story of a national topper who makes everyone proud by topping the exam.
Naveen is another example of hard work. He always believed that your hard work will never cheat on you, it will worth it. He not just only cleared the exam but got 37th rank and made his parents proud.
Our article will help you to stay motivated during your preparation.
About Naveen Bhat
Name: Dr. Naveen Bhat Y
Hometown: Mangalore, Karnataka
Rank: AIR 37
Year: CSE 2016
No. of Attempts: 2
Roll No.: 0037849
Optional Subjects: Anthropology
Naveen Bhat belongs to Mangalore, he was born & raised up in Mangalore, Karnataka. His father is a government officer, so because of his job his family has to shift a lot. But his parents always supported him in his decision for UPSC Civil Services Examination.
He has completed his MBBS from Bangalore Medical College (BMC) in 2015. He has completed his schooling from Sri Sathya Loka Seva Residential Institution, this was the place where he decided that he will go further for MBBS.
After studying in this institute he gave medical & engineering entrance test. He has secured 1st rank in CET in Karnataka & 26th rank in medical. He always wanted to be an engineer but he thought that if he will choose MBBS then he will get a chance to help people to improve themselves & heal themselves. This was the only reason his interest shifted from engineering to medical.
When he was pursuing his MBBS he had also done an internship at Victoria Hospital which is one of the reputed hospitals in India. At his college, during the interaction with a lot of people, he noticed that there are some issues in the society & he wanted to help people. That is why he decided to go for civil services to do something to improve the life of the peoples.
Marks of Naveen Bhat
Naveen Bat secured 37th rank & became a national topper. He made his parents proud of his achievement. His marks in prelims & main examination are given below.
Paper 1: 146.00
Paper 2: 157.50
Main Examination Marks
Compulsory Subjects/ Mandatory Subjects
General Studies 1: 124
General Studies 2: 95
General Studies 3: 106
General Studies 4: 114
Optional Paper 1: 150
Optional Paper 2: 140
Written Total: 880
Personality Test/Interview: 179
Total Marks: 1059
You need a right strategy to clear the UPSC Civil Services Examination. The strategy which he used to follow during his preparation is discussed below.
Strategy for Essay
- Everyone knows the importance of essay in civil services examination. There are individual papers for essay & to fetch marks is very important for this subject.
- So start writing essays on some recent topics or trending topics. Try to write as much as essays you can.
- Try to write essays in a specific time duration, this will be helpful during the main exam day.
- If you are confused how to write an essay, then go through the essays of some previous toppers, see their essays & rephrase them.
Strategy for General Studies
- You have a total of 4 papers of general studies which makes it very important to secure good marks in this subject. This is a very vast subject.
- You should work on your writing presentation of the answers for this subject. Everyone tells you to read all the relevant information on this subject that is necessary but what makes your answer unique is your presentation of the answer.
- You should start your answer with some catchy or attractive lines. Give the proper space between paragraphs & points.
- Write the answer in the paragraph as well in bullet points also. Do not write with the same pattern.
- For this, you have to start practice writing from the beginning of your preparation.
- You can also read the answer of some toppers to get an idea about how to write & present your answer.
Strategy for Interview
- This is the final stage towards your dreams, so do not take it lightly.
- Your preparation for the interview will be focused on all the details you have filled in DAF form& the reason to choose your optional subject & questions related to that.
If you need any help with note making then you can see his notes. He had made online notes rather than offline because he thought that offline notes are not feasible.
You can refer to his notes by the following links
Art & Culture: https://www.evernote.com/pub/bhatnaveen11/artandculture
Ancient & Medival India: https://www.evernote.com/pub/bhatnaveen11/ancientandmedivalindia
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.