Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau arrived in India on Saturday for a week-long visit aimed at enhancing business ties between the two countries.
- Trudeau was received at New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport by Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, a junior agriculture minister.
- Trudeau and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi are expected to focus on areas including civil nuclear cooperation, space, defense, energy and education.
8th Theatre Olympics begins
- Shri Venkaiah Naidu, Hon’ble Vice President of India, along with Union Minister of State for Culture (IC) Dr. Mahesh Sharma, inaugurated the event at the Red Fort.
- 8th Theatre Olympics is the largest theatre festival of the world, being hosted for the first time in India by the National School of Drama, under the aegis of Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
- The Theatre Olympics will include 600 ambience performances and 250 youth forum shows alongside thespians from 30 nations.
- The festival will conclude on 8th April, 2018, with a grand ceremony at the iconic Gateway of India in Mumbai.
PM Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday inaugurated the BJP’s new headquarters in New Delhi at 6, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, in the presence of veteran leaders like L.K. Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi.
- Equipped with modern facilities, the headquarters’ foundation stone was laid by Mr. Modi on August 18, 2016.
- It was constructed in a record time of one-and-half years.
India Iran signs 9 MoUs to boost bilateral ties
- India and Iran today signed nine agreements in order to further the bilateral cooperation between the two sides.
- The pacts were signed after delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Iran President Hassan Rouhani at New Delhi’s Hyderabad house.
- The two countries inked pacts to enhance cooperation in the areas of taxation, maritime cooperation, health and medicine, trade, agriculture and postal cooperation.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Walmart in talks to buy large stake in Flipkart at $20-23 billion valuation
- American retailer Walmart Inc may end up taking a large stake in Flipkart Ltd at a price that could value India’s largest e-commerce firm between $20 billion and $23 billion.
- But a buyout is unlikely to go through as a key Flipkart investor SoftBank Group is opposed to a sale.
Air Odisha launches first flight in Gujarat under UDAN
- Air Odisha on Saturday launched its maiden services under the regional connectivity scheme Udan.
- Gujarat chief minister Vijay Rupani inaugurated the first flight to Mundra from Ahmedabad.
- Besides Mundra, the carrier also rolled out services on the Ahmedabad-Jamnagar route and plans to launch flights to Diu from Ahmedabad as well in the first phase of rollout, Air Deccan founder GR Gopinath said.
- Air Odisha has deployed a 19-seater Beechcraft 1900D aircraft for carrying out these services.
Current Affairs Sports
Rotterdam Open 2018
- Roger Federer defeated Grigor Dimitrov to win Rotterdam Open.
- This is his 97th career title.
- He will become the oldest person to hold the No. 1 position when the rankings are updated on Monday.
Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar performances help IND go 1-0 up in T20 series
- Shikhar Dhawan’s 72 and Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s five-wicket haul guided India to a 28-run win over South Africa in the first T20 at Johannesburg.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar was awarded the Man of the Match trophy.
Current Affairs World
Saudi women to start own business without male permission
- Women in Saudi Arabia can now open their own businesses without the consent of a husband or male relative, as the kingdom pushes to expand a fast-growing private sector.
- Under Saudi Arabia’s guardianship system, women are required to present proof of permission from a male “guardian”, normally the husband, father or brother to do any government paperwork, travel or enroll in classes.
- Prince Mohammed bin Salman is widely seen as the chief architect behind Saudi Arabia’s “Vision 2030” reform programme, which seeks to elevate the percentage of women in the work force from 22 % to nearly one-third.
Iran deepens freight discount to boost oil sales to India
- Iran has offered to raise the freight discount on oil sales to India in return for New Delhi agreeing to boost imports.
- Iran is pushing to retain customers for its oil in Asia, hoping concessions will boost the appeal of its crude compared with other middle eastern suppliers
- Since the lifting of sanctions on Iran in 2016 it has been offering India a freight discount linked to a formula translating into 105% of the Platts assessment.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Google’s new technology to help 911 operators accurately locate callers
- Google has conducted a trial of a new technology that will help 911 operators figure out the location of cellphone callers more accurately.
- The test included tens of thousands of 911 calls over the span of two months in several states in the US.
- The 911 system, which turns 50 this month, has often struggled to locate cellphone callers.
- Saving a minute in response times can save up to 10,000 lives a year, according to the federal regulators.
- With the help of Google’s new technology, about 80% of the 911 calls could more accurately locate data within the first 30 seconds.
More than 40 Indian languages may be heading for extinction
- According to a report of the census data, there are 22 scheduled languages and 100 non-scheduled languages in the country which are spoken by a large number of people.
- However, there are around 42 languages which are spoken by less than 10,000 people. These are considered endangered and may be heading towards extinction, a home ministry official said.
- The Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore, has been working for the protection and preservation of endangered languages of the country, under a central scheme.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF