Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Kerala makes vaccination compulsory for school admissions
- Government in Kerala has made vaccination compulsory for school admissions from next academic year onward.
- Parents will have to show details of shots given to children at the time of enrollment in schools.
- State health minister KK Shailaja said the government is committed to achieving total immunization in the state in order to ensure a healthy lifestyle for all.
Narendra Modi announces ₹20,000 crore defence corridor for Bundelkhand
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday announced that the government would establish a second defence industrial production corridor in Uttar Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs 20,000 crore that would also generate 250,000 jobs.
- The corridor will link Agra, Aligarh, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi and Chitrakoot.
- The first of the two runs between Chennai and Bengaluru – connecting Kattupalli port, Chennai, Tiruchi, Coimbatore and Hosur.
- The decision was taken keeping in mind the developmental requirements of Bundelkhand region.
2-day cultural festival in Varanasi on cleanliness
- Varanasi will host a two day festival- Swachhagrah ‘Bapu ko Kaaryaanjaliâ’- on February 21 and February 22 to bring focus to cleanliness by using different forms of culture, the ministry of culture said.
- The festival will be held at the Man Mandir Ghat and Assi Ghat in Varanasi in the presence of Minister of State for Culture Mahesh Sharma.
PM Narendra Modi flags off Palace Queen Humsafar Express train to travel between Mysuru and Udaipur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the Palace Queen Humsafar Express train at the Mysuru railway station on Monday.
- The train will run from Mysuru to Udaipur in Rajasthan.
- Flagging off the train, he said: “This Palace Queen Humsafar Express train which connects Mysuru to Udaipur is a historical step and would boost tourism.”
- The Prime Minister also dedicated a 140-km long fully electrified railway line from Mysuru to KSR Bengaluru to help the Indian Railways in achieving energy-efficient transport.
IAF Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi becomes first Indian woman to fly fighter jet all by herself
- Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi of Indian Air Force (IAF) flew her first solo sortie in a Russian made MiG-21 fighter creating history.
- On Monday morning, Flying Officer Chaturvedi took off from the Jamnagar Air base in Gujarat and successfully completed her mission.
- The solo sortie in a fighter is the first step to becoming a fully operational fighter pilot.
- Prior to her solo-sortie, on Monday morning, she took off from Jamnagar with her instructor for the last time for the Solo Check.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
RIL to acquire 5% stake in Eros International for Rs 1,000 crore
- RIL will acquire 5% stake in NYSE listed Eros International for Rs 1,000 crore, with a view to producing and acquiring Indian films and digital originals across all languages.
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and Eros International Plc announced that RIL, through a subsidiary, “has agreed to subscribe to a 5% equity stake” in Eros at a price of $15 per share.
RBI sets up panel to look into factors leading to bank frauds
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a panel under board member Y.H. Malegam, a former president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), to look into the factors leading to increasing incidents of bank frauds.
- The move comes a week after Punjab National Bank said it has fallen victim to a Rs. 11,400 crore fraud, at the centre of which is billionaire jeweler Nirav Modi.
- The Maelgam panel will also look into reasons for high divergence in NPA classification and provisioning by banks.
Current Affairs Sports
South Africa levels T20 cricket series vs India
- JP Duminy played a captain’s knock (64*) enabling South Africa beat India by 6 wickets to level the three-match T20I series on Wednesday at the SuperSport Park in Centurion.
- Heinrich Klaasen’s brilliant 69 runs and Duminy ensured the hosts crossed the finishing line against India.
Sharmila Nicollet, Vani Kapoor among four Indians at Australian Ladies Classic golf
- Sharmila Nicollet will be one of the four Indians to feature at the AUD 350,000 Australian Ladies Classic at the world-renowned Bonville Golf Resort on the beautiful Coffs Coast.
- In Bonville, Sharmila will have the company of three other Indians, Vani Kapoor, who is making rapid strides after a strong finish at the Hero Women’s Indian Open, Gaurika Bishnoi, winner of the Order of Merit on the domestic Indian Tour, and Amandeep Drall.
Current Affairs World
India, Russia to deepen practical cooperation in ICTs
- India and Russia have decided to strengthen “practical cooperation” to prevent misuse of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to fight against its use in criminal and terrorist activities.
- During their second round of consultations on security in the use of ICTs held last week, the two countries agreed that it is necessary to prevent their misuse for criminal and terrorism purpose.
- These consultations were held pursuant to an agreement on cooperation in the ICT field on the sidelines of the 8th BRICS Summit in Goa in 2018.
Cabinet approves India-Morocco Cooperation Agreement in Railway Sector
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval to the Cooperation Agreement between India and the Moroccan National Railways Office (ONCF) to develop long-term cooperation and partnership in different areas of railway sector. The Cooperation Agreement was signed on 14th December, 2017.
- The Cooperation Agreement will enable technical cooperation in the following areas:-
- a. Training and staff development
- b. Expert missions, exchange of experience and personnel and
- c. Mutual technical assistance, including exchanging of experts.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
India among top source countries web application attacks
- Nearly 40% of over 53,000 cyber attacks in India occurred in the financial services sector during 2017, placing it at the seventh spot in the list of targeted countries for Web Application Attacks (WAA), a new report said on Wednesday.
- Security incidents like phishing, website intrusions and defacements, virus and ransomware targeted the rapidly growing of the Banking, Financial services and Insurance (BFSI) sector in India, warranting a robust infrastructure and planned roadmap for cybersecurity, said the report from content delivery network services Akamai Technologies.
Microsoft adds Indian languages support for e-mail addresses
- Microsoft on Wednesday announced support for e-mail addresses in 15 Indian languages across its apps and services, including Office 365, Outlook 2016, Outlook.com, Exchange Online and Exchange Online Protection (EOP)
- Indian users would be able to use local language e-mail addresses for Outlook accounts on their personal computers, the company said on the occasion of the International Mother Language Day.
Imp Note: International Mother Language Day- 21 February
Kamal Haasan launches political party Makkal Needhi Maiam
- Actor Kamal Haasan launched his political party, Makkal Needhi Maiam(People’s Justice Centre), in Madurai on Wednesday.
- “Have you seen my (party’s) flag and symbol? It has the map of new South India. Those six hands represent the six southern states. The star in the middle with six pointers represent truth, people and justice,” Haasan said while addressing people.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 21 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF