An alliance on Track : Winning of Japan over China for Bullet Train Project in India
( Hindu Article Link )
The essence of this particular articles is that – China is leader in bullet train however Japan succeeded to take the project in India, previously china has snatched the project and Thailand, Indonesia. Here is complete article summary :-
- New Bullet train project from Ahemdabad to Munbain will cover 552Km will be completed by 2023 with $12billion dollor softloan being given by Japan on 0.1 % interest rate with term of 50 years, along with training and technology transfer.
- Why India Need Bullet Trains
- Need safety measure as we are prone to accidents.
- India lacks the high speed train network, Metro trains were succesfull.
- Why Japan Companies are Still Struggling despite Bullet Train Project Success
- China’s Competition Edge with cheap technology export Japan facing the heat to spread its bullet trains exports.
- China is leader in high speed trains having covered more then 22,000km of lines second is Japan.
- The journey is very costly which need long time to recover th cost of the project.
- Japanese companies invested in Taiwan -but it has been in huge looses due to internal issues of Taiwan.
- Past Rivalry Between China and Japan
- China has succeeded in taking the project from Indonesia and Thailand.
- India being with Japan has a kind won the Geo-strategic coup over china.
- India is Autonomous country which titled towards the Japan will help the Japan to increase it regional muscles over South East Asia.
- Way Ahead – Success of Project
- India and Japan have significant differnces like electricity issue,dust etc however as the time and project progress things would get clear.