About Surbhi Gautam upsc topper, Surbhi Gautam age, Surbhi Gautam IAS Topper, Surbhi Gautam IAS Topper Interview, Surbhi Gautam marks, Surbhi Gautam Strategy, IAS Topper 2016, IAS Topper Interview, Marks of Surbhi Gautam,Scores of IAS Topper, Strategy by UPSC topper Surbhi Gautam, Strategy to crack UPSC Examination, Success story of UPSC topper, Tips for preparation for UPSC, UPSC 2016 Topper, UPSC IAS Topper, UPSC Preparation Strategy
The Successful Journey of Surbhi Gautam: UPSC 2016 Topper, AIR 50
There are many candidates who are preparing for Civil services Examination and waiting for a correct guidance and strategy. So, you don’t have to worry you can refer to this article to find the strategy for your preparation. We are going to share the journey of UPSC topper Surbhi Gautam who secured 50th rank in CSE 2016.
She is an inspiration to all the candidates who are working hard for their dreams. We will also tell you the strategies followed by the topper as well as we will mention some of the books she used to read during her preparation.
Surbhi is a young girl whose childhood dream is to become an IAS officer and do something for our country especially for women in India. She believes in hard work. She prepared for UPSC on her own, she didn’t go to any coaching, and she just dedicated herself to her preparation.
About Surbhi Gautam
Name: Surbhi Gautam
Mother’s Name: Dr. Sushila Gautam
Hometown: Madhya Pradesh
Rank: AIR 50
Year: CSE 2016
Roll No.: 0360385
Optional Subject: Electrical Engineering
Residence: Amadra, Satna, Madhya Pradesh
Work Experience: Nuclear Scientist at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
Surbhi is a typical small town girl who has a lot of dedication to pursue her dreams. She comes from an amadra village at Satna at Madhya Pradesh. The financial situation of her family was not very good & there is lack of services in her village. Her village lacked in good teachers & basic amenities.
Her mother Dr. Sushila Gautam is a teacher in Amadara’s High Secondary School. Her father is a lawyer at the civil court in Maihar. Her family is well-educated & they always taught her child the importance of the education.
She used to live in a village in Madhya Pradesh so she completed her schooling from a school at Madhya Pradesh. She was always brilliant in her studies. She got 93.4% at her high school. And this was the time when she decided to go for civil services.
After completing her school she gave an entrance exam for engineering. Here also she secured good marks with an excellent rank and she was eligible to take admission in a government college in any city. Then she decided that she will do engineering from Bhopal. She moved to Bhopal & completed her electronics & communication engineering.
Marks of Surbhi Gautam
She secured a total of 1054 marks & became a national topper. She made her parents proud by coming in the list of top 50 national toppers. Her marks are given below.
Mandatory/ Compulsory Subjects
General Studies 1: 126
General Studies 2: 96
General Studies 3: 102
General Studies 4: 110
Optional Paper 1: 129
Optional Paper 2: 150
Written Total: 856
Personality Test/ Interview: 198
Final Total: 1054
She was a Hindi-medium student so to join an English-medium college is the biggest struggle for her in her life. She studied in Hindi-medium school & she found it extremely difficult to cope up with English in her college. But she never gets disheartened.
While she was preparing for her college exam she also started working on her English. Firstly she felt lost in the college but she realized that she can do anything with her hard work & dedication. So she started learning English along with other subjects.
Her hard work worth’s it as now she is brilliant in English. In the first year of her college, she topped the university & received the Chancellor’s Award.
- She opted electrical engineering as her optional subject. She had an advantage over this subject. She is an engineer so it would be easy for her to prepare for electrical engineering. She focused on the electronic portion of electrical engineering.
- When you find reading a book a boring or time-consuming task then divide the books into different parts & then read them. She had also read her books in parts as to complete a book in one go will take a lot of time. So reading the books by parts is the best suitable strategy to read the books.
- The next thing is we all want success but before that, we have to tackle the failures. Failures give you the best lesson. So never get disheartened by your failures. Find your mistakes & work on them.
- Do not escape from your failures. Do not manage it too much. Just sit for a while & relax. You will get to know how to overcome your failures.
- Books are most important for your preparation. So choose books according to your comfortability. First, start with the basic books to clear your concepts & then move to difficult books. Follow a proper hierarchy this will make your preparation easy.
- Motivation is a situational thing. You can motivate yourself by reading some books. After doing a lot of hard work, you will feel burden but you can relax with the help of some books. The books Surbhi used to read to motivate herself during her preparation are:
- Awaken the giant within
- The Monk who sold his Ferrari
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Inner engineering
- Bhagwad Gita
- Immortals of meluha
- The Alchemist
- Himmat hai of Kiran Bedi
- My experiments with truth
- Autobiography of a Yogi
Also read: The journey of some UPSC Toppers.
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.