Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
India regains ‘world’s fastest growing economy’ tag
- India has regained the world’s fastest growing major economy tag with the GDP at 7.2 per cent for October-December quarter, compared to China’s 6.8 per cent.
- The GDP figure for the December quarter has beaten estimates in the range of 6.5 to 6.9 percent.
- The economy is expected to grow at 6.6 per cent in the current fiscal ending March 31, as per the second advanced estimates of the Central Statistics Office (CSO), compared to 7.1 per cent in 2016-17.
- The earlier estimate was 6.5 per cent.
Govt sanctions Rs. 1200 cr to clear pollution in Delhi
- In a move to provide Delhi residents relief from the burgeoning air pollution crisis in the city, the NDA government at the Centre has sanctioned schemes worth Rs 1,200 crore to keep a check on alarming pollution levels in the capital.
- On account of the air quality worsening in Delhi due to burning crop residue from October to December months, the schemes will help curb pollution, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said at an event on 26 February.
15th finance commission’s national survey map begins with Arunachal Pradesh
- The 15th finance commission (FFC), which looks at the sharing of tax revenues between central and state governments, will launch its national level interactions from Arunachal Pradesh.
- It will be the first time a finance commission will be doing so.
- N.K. Singh, chairman of the FFC said, “It (the visit) is more than symbolic. We will be beginning with Arunachal Pradesh in April. After that we are scheduled to visit Jammu and Kashmir and after that Kerala.”
- In the process India is sending a clear signal to China that Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of its sovereign territory.
Shri Nitin Gadkari Lays the foundation stone for National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coasts at IIT Chennai
- Shri Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation laid the foundation stone for setting up of a National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coasts (NTCPWC), at IIT Chennai on Monday.
- The Ministry of Shipping and IIT Chennai also signed an MoU for this at the event on Monday.
- NTCPWC, being set up under the Shipping Ministry’s flagship programme Sagarmala, will act as a technology arm of the Ministry of Shipping for providing engineering and technological inputs and support for Ports, Inland Waterways Authority of India and other institutions.
Computers allowed to students to write CBSE 10th 12th Board Exams
- Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE has released an official notification on Tuesday evening, permitting the use of computers for a candidate with special needs or CWSN in the upcoming Class 10th 12th Board Examinations 2018.
- As per the circular candidates who have been certified by medical practitioners, qualified psychologists and have been recommended the use of computers would be allowed the facility to use the same in writing the examination.
- The circular dated February 27, 2018, also details that such students are required to carry their own computer laptops.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Amazon buys video doorbell firm Ring for over $1bn
- Amazon has acquired video doorbell and home security camera maker Ring in a deal reportedly worth more than $1bn, as it pushes further into the internet of things and in-home-delivery space.
- The deal values Ring, which makes and sells popular video doorbells in the US, UK and Europe, at between $1.2bn (£86.4m) and $1.8bn.
India’s first ‘Made in India’ BS-VI diesel car unveiled
- Stuttgart based luxury car maker, Mercedes-Benz India on Monday launched country’s first BS VI compliant vehicle S Class in Delhi almost two years ahead of schedule.
- The company is planning to democratize its entire diesel product line up with BS VI engines ahead of schedule with every new product introduction in coming years.
PNB appoints A K Pradhan as Group Chief Risk Officer
- Hit by nearly Rs 12,700 crore fraud, Punjab National Bank (PNB) appointed its general manager A K Pradhan as the Group Chief Risk Officer, on Tuesday.
- PNB on Monday said that the amount of fraud in he Nirav Modi case can go up to Rs 12,700 crore as against the earlier estimate of Rs 11,400 crore.
- On February 14, PNB had detected the fraud wherein billionaire jeweller Nirav Modi and associates allegedly cheated the bank by acquiring fraudulent letters of undertaking (LoUs) from one of its branches for overseas credit from other Indian lenders.
Current Affairs Sports
India, South Africa make combined donation for Cape Town water crisis
- Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli and his South African cricket team counterpart Faf du Plessis have donated Rs 5.5 lakhs (100,000 Rand) to the Cape Town Water Crisis on behalf of both teams.
- The cheque was handed over to the Gift of the Givers at the last T20 International at Newlands on Sunday.
- “Both teams had first-hand experience of the Water Crisis in Cape Town and, having chatted to Virat, we decided to get our teams to sign some jerseys which we auctioned off with the funds raised going to assist the Cape Town Water Crisis,” said Du Plessis.
Japan unveils Tokyo 2020 Olympics superhero mascots
- Japan has chosen two fox-like creatures with “supernatural” powers as its mascots for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The yet unnamed mascots won a vote among schoolchildren, beating four other equally surreal contenders.
- The organizing committee said 16,769 schools across the country took part in the ballot.
- The mascots will greet visitors to the 2020 Games and help spread the Olympic and Paralympic spirit, it said.
Current Affairs World
Brussels to make public transport free on high air pollution days
- Brussels has moved to make the city’s public transport and bike share system free on the smoggiest days in a bid to drive down pollution levels and meet EU air quality directives.
- After two consecutive days of high particulate matter (PM) levels – defined as surpassing an average of 51-70 micrograms per cubic metre of air – buses, trams and metros would have to open their doors completely free, under new city council rules.
- Speed limits for cars would be also cut by about a third and wood burning for stoves would be banned under the law, which was forwarded for judicial review last week.
Imp Note : Brussels, officially the Brussels-Capital Region, is a region of Belgium comprising 19 municipalities, including the City of Brussels, which is the de jure capital of Belgium.
Hope Hicks resigns as White House communications director
- Hope Hicks, the White House communications director and longtime aide to Donald Trump, has announced her resignation.
- The White House confirmed news of Hicks’ departure on Wednesday, one day after Hicks testified before the House intelligence committee for nine hours as part of the panel’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- “There are no words to adequately express my gratitude to President Trump,” Hicks said in a statement. “I wish the President and his administration the very best as he continues to lead our country.”
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Moon to get first mobile phone network
- The moon will get its first mobile phone network next year, enabling high-definition streaming from the lunar landscape back to earth, part of a project to back the first privately funded moon mission.
- Vodafone Germany, network equipment maker Nokia and carmaker Audi said on Tuesday they were working together to support the mission, 50 years after the first NASA astronauts walked on the moon.
- Vodafone said it had appointed Nokia as its technology partner to develop a space-grade network which would be a small piece of hardware weighing less than a bag of sugar.
India Ranks 47th When It Comes To Inclusive Internet
- Compromised by low usage and poor quality, India is ranked 47th out of 86 countries when it comes to inclusive Internet and connectivity for all, a Facebook report said on Monday.
- Facebook, which commissioned the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) to create a comprehensive “Inclusive Internet Index,” found India in the middle of Asian countries (12th out of 23) when it comes to connectivity.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 28 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 27 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 26 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 25 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 24 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 23 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 22 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 21 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF