Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
MHA plans to launch software to boost Hindi content on web
- The ministry of home affairs (MHA) is preparing to launch a memory-based software that can translate “world knowledge and literature” into Hindi in a bid to increase web content in the language.
- The software is currently being developed by MHA’s department of official language and is likely to be launched in August.
- Called the Memory Adharith Anuvadh Software (MAAS), the programme would initially be used to translate the central government’s documents and data into Hindi, ministry officials said, but added that MHA’s long-term plan was to use the translation tool to increase the presence of Hindi content on the internet.
Home minister Rajnath to inaugurate ICP at Moreh on March 15 to boost trade with Myanmar
- Union home minister Rajnath Singh will inaugurate the much awaited Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Moreh, along India-Myanmar border, to boost border management and trade infrastructure on Thursday, coinciding with the first anniversary of Manipur’s maiden Bharatiya Janata Party government.
- The ICP opening is part of the ‘inauguration fortnight’ chief minister N Biren Singh announced recently to mark the anniversary.
- During the fortnight, the government is expected to inaugurate 116 projects across the state.
Hillary Clinton begins her three-day Madhya Pradesh tour
- Former first lady of the US Hillary Clinton, who is on a three-day visit to Madhya Pradesh, landed at the Indore airport Sunday night by a special plane.
- After her stay at Maheshwar in neighbouring Khargone district, Clinton would visit historical places in the area and also see Mandu in Dhar district on Monday.
- She would leave for Jodhpur on Tuesday morning.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Twitter Inc. appoints IIT Bombay alumnus Parag Agrawal as CTO
- The microblogging site Twitter has appointed Parag Agrawal as its CTO.
- He will be leading technical strategy for the company and will focus on AI/ML across Twitter’s infrastructure and product teams.
- He joined Twitter in 2011 as an Ads Engineer, and under him, Twitter’s Ads systems have scaled up.
- He has also helped build and deploy a platform for online machine learning at Twitter.
TCS ranked the fastest growing IT services brand in 2018
- Leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, Tata Consultancy Services, has been named as the fastest growing IT services brand in the world in an assessment done by world’s leading brand valuation firm, Brand Finance.
- According to the assessment, TCS now has a total brand value of $10.391 billion, a growth of 14.4% from last year’s total of $9.081 billion.
GST e-way bill must from April 1
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council on Saturday mandated the use of electronic way (e-way) bills from April to track inter-state movement of goods but deferred a decision on a simplified return filing process due to lack of consensus.
- As a result, the current return filing system was extended by three months with a group of ministers tasked with working out a simplified mechanism that also checks evasion.
Current Affairs Sports
Bengaluru FC in ISL final
- Sunil Chhetri struck a hattrick in the season’s biggest game yet for Bengaluru FC to carry the debutants to a 3-1 victory over FC Pune City in the second leg semi-final of the Indian Super League (ISL) on Sunday and into the final clash.
- They will face winners of the other semi-final between Chennaiyin FC-FC Goa.
India’s Akhil Sheoran strikes gold in men’s 50m Rifle 3-Position at shooting World Cup
- Young Akhil Sheoran clinched the gold medal in men’s 50m rifle 3 position with plenty to spare as India continued their superlative run at the ISSF World Cup in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Sheoran, thus, became the fourth young Indian shooter to win a medal on ISSF World Cup debut.
Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Final
- Australia regained the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup title after overcoming England 2-1 in the final, while Argentina claimed the bronze medal with a 3-2 win over hosts Malaysia here on Saturday.
- Australia took the lead in the 38th minute when Blake Govers fired home from a penalty corner.
- Youngster Sharp doubled Australia’s lead in the 53rd minute.
Current Affairs World
Russia test-fires ‘ideal’ hypersonic missile
- Russia on Sunday successfully launched a hypersonic missile which President Vladimir Putin called “an ideal weapon” as he unveiled a new array of next-generation arms earlier this month.
- The high-precision Kinzhal (Dagger) missile was launched from a MiG-31 supersonic interceptor jet that took off from an airfield in the south military district in Russia’s southwest, the defence ministry said.
- “The launch went according to plan, the hypersonic missile hit its target,” the ministry added.
India, France ink 14 pacts to boost cooperation
- India and France inked key pacts in the strategic areas of security, nuclear energy as well as protection of classified information after extensive talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron.
- Agreements in the field of education, environment, urban development and railways were also signed in the presence of the two leaders.
- Addressing a joint media event with Macron, Modi said the two countries have robust cooperation in the fields of defence and security.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Amazon to add more regional content for Prime Video service in India
- Amazon.com Inc’s video service will look to add more regional content in India as it competes with a host of global and local players for a bigger share of a fledgling online streaming market.
- In little after a year of its launch in India, Amazon’s bet on original Hindi shows and a library of films in five local languages has paid off.
- India is the fastest growing market for its Prime Video service, Tim Leslie, global Vice President at Amazon Prime Video, told Reuters in an interview late Saturday.
Apple working on water, dust and crumb-resistant keyboard
- An Apple patent application has surfaced that shows that the iPhone maker is developing a liquid, dust and crumb-resistant keyboard for Macbook devices.
- Titled “Ingress Prevention for Keyboards”, the application describes a key mechanism that would use ‘membranes or gaskets’ to keep foreign objects from getting in under the keys and jamming up or interfering with the electronics on the keyboard.
IAF speeds up hunt for new fighter jets to add muscle
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is likely to start the process of inviting foreign military contractors to build fighter jets in the country under the government’s Make in India plan in the next four weeks.
- This multi-billion-dollar project to build 114 jets will be “directly linked” to the development of an indigenous futuristic stealth fighter – the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA).
- The air force plans to issue a request for information (RFI) before DefExpo-2018 — a military systems exhibition by the defence ministry — opens in Chennai on April 11.
Amol Palekar receives ‘Godavari Gaurav’ award
- Noted actor Amol Palekar was honoured with the ‘Godavari Gaurav’ award at an event in Nashik last night.The 73-year-old actor, known for his performance in films like “Gol Maal” , “Choti Si Baat”, “Chitchor” among others, was presented with the award, which has been instituted by city-based ‘Kusumagraj Prathishthan’.
- The award was given by noted Marathi writer Madhu Mangesh Karnik, who is the chairperson the Prathishthan.
- Classical singer Pandit Satyasheel Deshpande also received the ‘Godavari Gaurav’ award.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :