Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Chandigarh to host India’s first Sports Literature Festival
- Chandigarh will host Play Write 2018, India’s first of its kind Sports Literature Festival on March 17-18.
- It will bring together sports personalities who have either written books or have been the subject of one or more books themselves including 106-year-old Fauja Singh marathon runner, Indian Women’s Rugby Team besides many others.
- The Sports Literature festival will feature ten interesting sessions covering games like Hockey, Cricket, Marathon running, Soccer, Boxing, Women’s Rugby and Kabaddi etc.
Manipur’s flagship CHT awarded ‘most efficiently-run public health scheme’
- A three-month old Manipur state health scheme popularly known as Chief Minister gi hakshelgi tengbag (or chief minister’s health assistance, CMHT) has won the award for country’s best implemented public health programme.
- It got the award in the category of “the most efficiently-run public health programme by a state government” at a health summit in Pune on March 9.
Country’s ‘tallest’ flag unfurled in Belagavi
- India’s tallest national flag was on Monday unfurled in Belagavi (also known as Belgaum) in Karnataka.
- The event was attended by leaders, schoolchildren, and leaders of Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Sikh institutions at the Kote Kere front.
- Where size is concerned, this flag in Belgaum beats the one at the India-Pakistan border at Attari in Punjab.
- Belagavi District Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi unfurled the 9,600 sq ft wide flag on a 110-metre-tall flagpole at 9:30 am.
India tops list of arms buyers
- India continues to remain in the strategically-vulnerable position of being the world’s largest arms importer, accounting for 12% of the global imports from 2013-2017.
- Arms imports by India increased by 24% between 2008-2012 and 2013-2017 periods, as per data on international arms transfers released by global think-tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute on Monday.
PM to inaugurate Mary Kom’s academy on March 16
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the ‘Mary Kom Regional Boxing Foundation’ in Imphal on March 16 and to be present in the event will be Olympic medallists boxer Vijender Kumar and wrestler Sushil Kumar.
- Situated at the foot of Langol hills in Manipur’s Imphal West district, Mary Kom’s Boxing Academy, spread across 3.3 acres, is around 10 km from the center of state capital Imphal.
- It currently houses 45 young boxers, including 20 girls, at the three-storey building.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
IndiGo cancels 42 flights after DGCA grounds A320neo planes
- Low-fare carrier IndiGo cancelled 42 flights and GoAir six on Wednesday, as 11 of their 320 Neo aircraft remained grounded for the third day on the orders of the aviation regulator.
- According to IndiGo’s website, fliers at airports such as Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Pune, Dehradun and Srinagar were affected by the cancellations.
- The DCGA on Monday removed from the country’s skies 11 planes powered by a specific series of Pratt & Whitney engines following in-flight engine failures.
- The decision came after a Lucknow-bound IndiGo flight faced a mid-air scare earlier in the day.
Bhel secures order worth Rs 736 crore from NPCIL
- Bharat Heavy Electricals has secured a significant order worth Rs.736 Crore for supply of Steam Generators from Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL).
- The order has been received against competitive bidding.
- The Steam Generators will be used for a 700 MWe Pressurised Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) to be installed at Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojna (GHAVP) in Fatehabad district of Haryana.
- The Steam Generators will be manufactured at the Tiruchirappalli plant of BHEL.
IBBI, RBI sign MoU for better implementation of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) on Monday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for enhancing cooperation between the two regulators to ensure better implementation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- According to the MoU, RBI and IBBI will share data and resources with each other to the extent allowed by law and hold frequent discussions to overcome regulatory bottlenecks with respect to implementation of IBC.
- While RBI is the banking regulator, the IBBI regulates insolvency professionals, insolvency professional agencies and information utilities.
SBI slashes minimum balance charges, here’s how much you will pay now
- The State Bank of India (SBI) Tuesday reduced charges for non-maintenance of average minimum balance (AMB) in savings accounts by up to 75 per cent.
- The revised charges will be effective from April 01, 2018 and will benefit more than 25 crore customers.
- The charges for non-maintenance of AMB for customers in metro and urban centres have been reduced from a maximum of Rs 50 per month plus goods and services tax (GST) to Rs 15 per month plus GST.
- Likewise, for semi-urban and rural centres, the charges have been slashed from Rs 40 a month plus GST to Rs 12 and Rs 10 plus GST charges, respectively.
Current Affairs Sports
Chris Rogers appointed Cricket Australia’s high-performance coach
- Chris Rogers, former Australian cricket team’s opening batsmen was Wednesday appointed as Cricket Australia’s new high-performance coach, tasked with helping develop the country’s next generation of stars.
- The 40-year-old called time on his 25-Test career after the end of the 2015 Ashes series and has been involved in multiple coaching roles since then.
Rani Rampal to lead Indian women’s hockey team at Commonwealth Games
- Striker Rani Rampal will head Indian women hockey’s 18-member squad at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- The Indian team is grouped in Pool A along with Malaysia, England, South Africa and Wales – against whom they’ll begin their campaign on April 5.
Current Affairs World
Maldives passes anti-defection law to disqualify ‘rebel dozen’
- The government controlled parliament on Tuesday passed the controversial anti-defection law devised to disqualify a dozen former government lawmakers.
- The draft law was submitted in the wake of a top court stay order the relevant institutions to hold off on the reinstatement of a dozen opposition lawmakers disqualified over an earlier anti-defection ruling.
- The Supreme Court said the anti-defection ruling was issued as a temporary solution to the constitutional dispute case filed by the state.
Vietnamese crowned queen in Thai transgender pageant
- Vietnam’s Nguyen Huong Giang was crowned “Miss International Queen” in Thailand on Friday at one of the world’s top beauty pageants for transgender women.
- The red-dressed winner fended off 26 competitors, from countries spanning Mongolia to Mexico, to clinch the coveted crown in the seaside town of Pattaya, where the popular contest has been running since 2004.
Bidya Devi Bhandari re-elected as Nepal President
- Nepal’s first woman President Bidya Devi Bhandari was on Tuesday re-elected for a second term in office with an overwhelming majority.
- Incumbent President Bhandari, the Left alliance’s candidate, was elected with more than a two-thirds majority as she defeated her Nepali Congress (NC) rival Kumari Laxmi Rai in the presidential election.
- Ms. Bhandari secured 39,275 votes while the NC’s Ms. Rai garnered 11,730 votes, Election Commission spokesperson Nawaraj Dhakal said.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Stephen Hawking, great scientist who wrote of space, time and black holes, dies at 76
- Renowned British physicist Stephen Hawking, whose mental genius and physical disability made him a household name and inspiration across the globe, has died at age 76, his family said Wednesday.
- Hawking, whose 1988 book “A Brief History of Time” became an unlikely worldwide bestseller and cemented his superstar status, dedicated his life to unlocking the secrets of the Universe.
- He died peacefully at his home in the British university city of Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
New habitable planet found near our solar system
- A new planet near the habitable zone around a bright cool star has been found.The scientists have confirmed the existence of 15 new planets – including one ‘super-Earth’ that could harbour liquid water – orbiting small, cool stars near our solar system.
- These stars, known as red dwarfs, are of enormous interest for studies of planetary formation and evolution, the study states.
- A research team led by Teruyuki Hirano of Tokyo Institute of Technology’s Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences has validated 15 exoplanets orbiting red dwarf systems.
- One of the brightest red dwarfs, K2-155 that is around 200 light years away from Earth, has three transiting super-Earths, which are slightly bigger than our own planet.
Sitanshu Kar new PIB chief, Frank Noronha to retire in April
- The Press Information Bureau (PIB), the central government’s publicity wing, will get a new chief from May 1.
- Incumbent Frank Noronha, who took over in 2014 after the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government came to power, will retire on April 30.
- Sitanshu Kar will replace him as principal director general of PIB, according to a statement from the information and broadcasting ministry.
- Kar was serving as director general, news services division, at All India Radio.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month March, 2018
- 13March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 12 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 11 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 6-10 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 5 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 4 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 3 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 2 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 1 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs