Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Assam’s Jogighopa to turn into India’s new gateway to South-East Asia
- Jogighopa, a small town in Assam, is set to become India’s gateway to South-East Asia as well as the rest of the North-East.
- The road ministry is going to develop a multimodal logistics park (MMLP) there with road, rail, waterways and air transport facilities.
- These initiatives are expected to drive freight movement in the region and facilitate trade between India and Bangladesh, and between Bangladesh and Bhutan through India.
President of India hosts ‘LPG Panchayat’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, hosted an‘LPG Panchayat’ on February 13 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The LPG Panchayat was organised by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas with an aim to provide a platform for LPG consumers to interact with each other, promote mutual learning and share experiences.
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas intends to conduct 1 lakh such Panchayats across India before March 31, 2019.
- Speaking on the occasion, the President said that the UjjawalaYojana is strengthening women’s empowerment. He congratulated the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas for efforts to advance social justice through the health, welfare and empowerment of women.
Rajasthan announces loan waiver for farmers, to cost Rs 8,000 crore
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje announced loan waiver scheme for farmers.
- The centre-piece is a loan waiver that is expected to benefit nearly 22 lakh small farmers and cost the state an extra 8000 crores.
- The Chief Minister has also waived tax on irrigated agricultural land, which will benefit nearly 50 lakh farmers.
- A loan relief commission has also been set up to consider long-term solutions to farmers’ debts.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Merger of 3 public sector general insurers likely by early next year
- The merger of the three general insurance companies — National Insurance Company (NIC), United India Insurance and Oriental Insurance Company — is likely to be complete by early next year.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had, in his Budget speech, announced the proposal to merge the three public sector general insurance companies into a single entity.
- The combined entity would be subsequently listed, Jaitley said while presenting the Budget 2018-19 in Parliament.
Excise duty and VAT on crude oil to be replaced by GST in 2 years
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan on Tuesday said that the excise duty and Value Added Tax (VAT) levied on crude oil would be replaced with the Goods and Services Tax(GST) in the near future.
- In the coming one to two years, VAT and excise duty will be converted to GST. We are taking this shift from VAT and excise duty to GST gradually as each state government has a different priority and states are apprehensive that their revenue collection might reduce once GST comes,” he further said.
Food served by hospitals to in-patients to become GST free
- The GST will not be charged on the cost of food served to patients by hospitals as advised by doctors, the government has said.
- The Revenue Department also clarified that no Goods and Services Tax (GST) would be levied on services provided by senior doctors/consultants/ technicians hired by the hospitals as these are covered under healthcare services.
- Food supplied to in-patients are not separately taxable as they form part of composite supply of healthcare, which is exempt under the GST.
Current Affairs Sports
- IPL season 11 schedule was announced by BCCI on Wednesday.
- The 11th season of Indian Premier League will have 51 matchesand will be played across nine cities.
- In the opening fixture, defending champions Mumbai Indians will take on Chennai Super Kings (CSK) who return to the tournament after serving a two-year suspension.
- The tournament begins on Saturday, April 7. The final will be played once again at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Sunday, May 27.
Yuki Bhambri, Jordan Thompson reach last eight of Chennai Open tennis
- Yuki Bhambri was the only Indian to reach the last eight of the Chennai Open ATP Challenger tennis tournament, with an easy 6-2, 6-3 win over compatriot Sidharth Rawat.
- In the quarterfinals, he will meet Japan’s Yasutaka Uchiyama, who beat Cem Ilkel of Turkey 6-4, 7-5.
Tamil Nadu wins maiden women’s National Football Championship
- Tamil Nadu beat Manipur 2-1 to lift their maiden title in the 23rd edition of the Senior Women’s National Football Championship on Wednesday.
- Tamil Nadu created history by becoming champions in their first-ever final with Indumathi scoring the opener in the 3rd minute while Indrani made it 2-0 in the 40th minute.
Qatar Open tennis tournament
- Simona Halep defeated Ekaterina Makarova 6-3, 6-0 to enter the third round of the Qatar Open tennis tournament.
- Qatar Open is currently part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour. It is held annually in January at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha, Qatar, since 1993.
Current Affairs World
India reassures aid for war-torn Iraq’s rebuilding process
- India on Wednesday assured its commitment to help war-torn Iraq in its rebuilding process while complimenting the nation for its victory over the Islamic State (IS) terror outfit.
- “India responded to the need for humanitarian assistance even while the war was at its peak in Iraq: among other things, in August 2016, we proposed to reconstruct the hospital in Karbala,” Minister of State for External Affairs M.J. Akbar.
India overtakes UK in defence spending, China remains a major challenger
- India has overtaken the United Kingdom in defence spending and broken into the top five, but faces considerable lag in comparison to China, which is increasingly challenging Western dominance, a new report on military balance said on Wednesday.
- India has the fifth largest defence budget in the world, at $52.5 billion in 2017 ($51.1 billion in 2016) while UK defence budget fell from $52.5 billion in 2016 to $50.7 billion in 2017.
South Korea to pay 17 crores as North Korea Olympic bills
- South Korea on Wednesday approved a government fund plan to support North Korea’s participation in the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
- The approved funding will cover the costs of North Korean art troupe, cheerleaders, athletes and taekwondo demonstration team members who participated in the Pyeongchang Winter Games.
Imp Note : South Korean President- Moon Jae-in and South Korean Prime Minister – Lee Nak-yon
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Delhi-Mumbai, Delhi-Kolkata are among top ten air routes in India
- Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi, Delhi-Bengaluru-Delhi and Mumbai-Bengaluru-Mumbai are the top routes ranked in terms of the seats that are deployed.
- From a fifteenth place in 2007, Delhi-Pune-Delhi has climbed up to sixth place in 2017 while Delhi-Kolkata-Delhi route has scaled up to fourth spot in 2017 from seventh in 2007, says data sourced from civil aviation research firm OAG.
- The Delhi-Lucknow-Delhi route climbed five places from the seventeenth rank in 2007 to twelfth in 2017.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs