Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
New urbanisation policy to be finalised in 2 months
- A fresh urbanisation policy based on 10 principles that focus on designing cities around people and imbuing them with a local flavour is likely to be introduced soon.
- It will replace three-decade-old urbanization policy.
Iran President Hassan Rouhani arrives in Hyderabad on 3-day India visit
- Iran President Hassan Rouhani arrived in Hyderabad on Thursday on a three-day India visit during which the two countries will discuss regional and international issues of mutual interest.
- Union minister of state for power RK Singh and Telangana and Andhra Pradesh governor ESL Narasimhan received him at the Begumpet airport.
- “He is scheduled to address Muslim intellectuals, scholars and clerics in the city at 6.30 pm today,” an official said on Thursday.
- During his two-day visit to the city, President Rouhani, who is accompanied by a 21-member delegation, will also meet people of Iranian-origin living in Hyderabad.
- This is Rouhani’s second visit to Hyderabad and the first after becoming president.
Govt to bring major changes in Drug Pricing Control Order to implement ‘Namocare’
- The National Health Protection Scheme or ‘Namocare’ is aimed at benefiting 10 crore poor families by providing coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary healthcare.
- “We will have major reforms in DPCO, that I am going to assure. We need to have reforms in DPCO. We need to come out with a new pharma policy,” Union minister Ananth Kumar said on Thursday..
PM Modi visits Arunachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday promised fast-paced development of Arunachal Pradesh, the easternmost state in the country and the biggest in the Northeast.
- The Prime Minister dedicated the state civil secretariat building to the people, laid the foundation stone for the Academic Block of the Tomo Riba Institute of Health and Medical Science and inaugurated the Dorjee Khandu state convention centre.
Government extends anti-narcotics scheme for 3 more years
- The Centre has extended for three more years a scheme which combats illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substance.
- The purpose of the scheme is to assist state governments and Union Territories which are contributing in controlling the inter-state and cross border drug trafficking.
India to host 8th Theatre Olympics
- The 51-day theatre extravaganza which will be inaugurated at Red Fort, will see 450 shows including 65 shows by international artistes, 600 ambient performances and 250 youth forum shows.
- Best theatre productions from around the world will be showcased to the Indian audience in different cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai.
- There will be exhibitions, seminars, symposia, interactive discussions and workshops with well-known authors, actors, designers and directors.
- The Theatre Olympics was established in 1993 at Delphi in Greece.
- The international theatre festival promotes richness and diversity of theatre heritage in all kinds of experiments and research in the field of performing arts, contributing to the growth of international collaboration all over the world.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
RBI asks banks to accept coins of all denominations from public
- Banks should not refuse to accept coins of all denominations from customers and any non-compliance may result into penal action, the Reserve Bank said on Thursday.
- Denial to accept coins, either for exchange or deposit, leads to refusal on the part of the shopkeepers and small traders which causes inconvenience to the public at large, the bank said.
BHEL bags Rs 560 crore order from NTPC
- Power equipment maker BHEL has bagged an order worth Rs 560 crore for supply and installation of the flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) system from NTPC for 2×490 MW National Capital Power Station (NCPS) at Dadri in Uttar Pradesh.
- The order has been secured by BHEL against stiff competition from Indian and multinational companies.
Current Affairs Sports
Odisha state to sponsor Indian hockey teams for the next five years
- The Indian hockey teams, men and women, will be sponsored by Odisha state government for the next five years, it was announced on Thursday.
- The state will also host the 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup from November 28 to December 16.
- Hockey India’s current deal with Odisha is estimated to be around Rs 150 crore for five years.
Chennai Open ATP Challenger tennis championship
- Yuki Bhambri kept Indian hopes alive after surviving a scare against Japan’s Yasutaka Uchiyama 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 in the quarterfinals of the Chennai Open Challenger at the SDAT tennis Stadium on Thursday.
- Bhambri will meet Duckhee Lee, who beat unseeded Antoine Escoffier, for a place in the final.
Current Affairs World
Canadian PM Justin Trudeau to visit Golden Temple on Feb 21
- Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau with his family, six of his ministers — including the four Sikh members of Punjabi origin in the cabinet of 30 and 18 MPs from his country will visit the Golden Temple on February 21 as part of his India visit (February 17-23).
- The ministers of Punjabi origin are Harjit Singh Sajjan (defence), Navdeep Singh Bains (innovation, science and economic development), Amarjit Singh Sohi (infrastructure and communities) and Bardish Chagger (small business and tourism), who is also the Leader of the Government in the House of Commons.
- A 35-member media delegation from Canada will also be with Trudeau.
KP Oli sworn in as new Nepal PM
- CPN-UML leader KP Sharma Oli was on Thursday sworn in Nepal’s new Prime Minister though his allies in the CPN-Maoist Centre did not nominate any members for the council of ministers due to differences over a power-sharing arrangement.
- Oli, 65, assumed the post for the second time. He had earlier served as the premier from October 2015 to August 2016, when he had to step down after the CPN-Maoist Center withdrew its support to the then government.
Cyril Ramaphosa elected as South Africa’s new president
- Cyril Ramaphosa on Thursday was elected as South Africa’s new president by ruling party legislators after the resignation of Jacob Zuma.
- Ramaphosa was the only candidate nominated for election after two opposition parties said they would not participate.
- South African President Jacob Zuma resigned on Wednesday as the ruling ANC party finally turned against him after nine years of corruption scandals, economic slowdown and falling popularity.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Milky Way’s neighbouring galaxy Andromeda is of same size
- The new study, published in the journal Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, evens the score between the two galaxies.
- It found the weight of the Andromeda is 800 billion times heavier than the Sun, on par with the Milky Way.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana to bring ‘paradigm shift’ in health sector, says Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said the Centre is taking up the “Ayushman Bharat Yojana” on mission mode to provide quality and affordable healthcare to nearly 50 crore people across the country.
- He said the scheme, billed as the world’s largest government-funded healthcare programme, is a path-breaking initiative and would bring a “paradigm shift” in the health sector.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs