Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Indian engineer awarded sci-tech Oscar Award
- Vikas Sathaye, a Pune-born person has been honoured with the Scientific and Engineering Academy Award at the Oscars Scientific and Technical Awards 2018 at Beverly Hills in Los Angeles, California last Saturday.
- Sathaye and his team received the award for his contribution towards conceptualisation, designing, engineering, and the implementation of the ‘Shotover K1 Camera System’ during his stint at Shotover Camera Systems in Queenstown, New Zealand.
- The Scientific and Engineering Award is given for scientific achievements that produce a definite influence on the advancement of the motion picture industry.
Govt eases norms to help job seekers being duped by recruiting agents
- The central government has relaxed norms enabling young entrepreneurs in far-flung areas to open recruitment agencies to hire people for overseas blue-collar jobs.
- This move is aimed at giving people in remote areas better access to government-approved recruitment agencies all of which are located in big cities and circumvent the middlemen who often dupe the hapless workers, reasoned the officials.
- “The job seekers don’t have the means to reach out to government-approved agencies, most of which are located in big cities,” said a government official.
Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF
India’s Umang App, Aadhaar win awards at World Government Summit
- India’s Aadhaar won the best emerging technology award at the recently concluded World Government Summit 2018 in Dubai.
- India’s Umang App also won the best M-Government Service Award in the Accessible Government category.
- The mobile application provides users a unified platform that combines government departments and services, facilitating transactions for citizens.
- India was the ‘Guest of Honour’ country at the summit.
- The summit acknowledged technology pioneers for providing global solutions to global challenges.
India’s biggest global pharma conference begins in Bengaluru
- An international exhibition and conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device sector ‘India Pharma & India Medical Device 2018’ began on Thursday in Bengaluru.
- The event was being organised by the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, along with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- The event would be a positive step towards the development of Future Drugs i.e. Biologics and will catalyse the overall growth of the Pharmaceuticals Sector in India said Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilisers Ananth Kumar.
- The theme was ‘Driving NextGen Pharmaceuticals’.
Cauvery water dispute verdict
- The Supreme Court (SC) lowered the amount of Cauvery water due to Tamil Nadu, to 404.25 tmcft (thousand million cubic feet), from the 419 tmcft allotted by the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT) in February 2007.
- The SC allotted Karnataka 270 tmcft Cauvery water, which is 14.75 tmcft more than the Tribunal award. The apex court said drinking water has to be kept on the highest pedestal.
- In addition to Bengaluru’s need for more drinking water, the SC also took note of the fact that the city’s industrial needs have also risen.
- There’s no change in the allotment for Puducherry (30 tmcft) and Kerala (7tmcft).
Current Affairs Business and Economy
HomeShop18 and Shop CJ merge businesses
- E-commerce company Homeshop18 and home shopping network Shop CJ Network Pvt. Ltd have combined their businesses, thereby completing the transaction proposed in September 2017, the company said in a statement late on Thursday.
- This combination makes HomeShop18 the largest TV home-shopping network in India.
- The resultant benefits of scale shall better the growth prospects for the combined entity, allowing it to improve its standing in the TV home-shopping landscape and compete better with the challenge from e-commerce companies.
Current Affairs Sports
Roger Federer becomes oldest tennis world number one
- Roger Federer becomes the oldest ATP world number one by beating Dutchman Robin Haase 4-6 6-1 6-1 to reach the semi-finals in Rotterdam on Friday.
India vs South Africa 6th ODI
- Impressive bowling display, skipper Virat Kohli (129*) led from the front with the bat to help India beat South Africa by eight wickets in the sixth one-day international at the SuperSport Park in Centurion on Friday.
- India wrapped up the six-match series by 5-1.
- Virat Kohli became 1st batsman to score 500 runs in bilateral contests during series vs South Africa.
- Kohli scored a total of 558 runs in the series.
Current Affairs World
White House criticizes Russia for NotPetya cyber attack
- The White House on Thursday blamed Russia for the devastating ‘NotPetya’ cyber attack last year.
- The British government condemned Moscow for unleashing a virus that crippled parts of Ukraine’s infrastructure and damaged computers in countries across the globe.
- The attack launched in June 2017 by the Russian military spreaded worldwide, causing billions of dollars in damage across Europe, Asia and the America.
Imp Note : Petya is a family of encrypting ransomware that was first discovered in 2016. The malware targets Microsoft Windows-based systems. It demands that the user make a payment in Bitcoin in order to regain access to the system.
World Anti-Doping Agency suspends Romanian laboratory
- The World Anti-Doping Agency has suspended Romania’s drug-testing laboratory for six months, saying it didn’t meet the required standard.
- WADA says it imposed the sanction on the lab in Bucharest “due to a number of non-conformities” with regulations, but it didn’t specify the problems.
- The lab is now forbidden from testing any samples and must transfer any in its possession to another laboratory.
- The ban is backdated to Nov. 29, when a provisional suspension was imposed after the faults were found.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Twitter to start livestreaming local breaking news events
- To stop the spread of fake news, Twitter will soon live stream news, in a window next to the users’ timelines, whenever a major incident takes place.
- Twitter will rely on partnerships with regional news stations to select the footage to be live-streamed.
- In a first such test, Twitter live-streamed footage from Miami’s WSVN 7 as the media outlet covered the shooting at a Florida school in which 17 people were killed on Wednesday.
Government to unveil 5G roadmap by June-end
- Telecom Secretary Aruna Sundararajan on Friday said the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) will unveil the roadmap for 5G or fifth-generation by the end of June.
- “The DoT has received good inputs on 5G in the new telecom policy or NTP 2018 which is yet to be unveiled. The draft of the NTP 2018 is in final stages and will be put in public soon,”said Sundararajan, chairperson, Telecom Commission and Secretary.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF