Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Narendra Modi lays foundation stone of Navi Mumbai airport
- Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of Navi Mumbai International Airport on Sunday.
- Maharashtra governor CV Rao, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Union ministers Nitin Gadkari, Ashok Gajapathi Raju, and Ramdas Athawale, state ministers and other senior officials were also present on the occasion.
Nasscom to skill 2 million people
- An online platform to impart skills for IT industry workforce in eight technologies, starting with Artificial Intelligence, of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) was launched at the World Conference on Information Technology (WCIT) in the city on Monday.
- Virtual Reality (VR), Robotic Process Automation, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data Analytics, 3D Printing, Cloud Computing, Social and Mobile are the other focus technologies under the FutureSkills platform.
Shri J P Nadda addresses Global Digital Health Partnership Summit at Australia
- “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has great potential towards improvement of delivery of healthcare services. India is committed to reforms in health service delivery using ICT under Digital India Program of Government of India.”said Shri J P Nadda, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare during his address at Global Digital Health Partnership Summit, at Canberra, Australia on Monday.
- ShriNadda stressed on the importance for building digital health ecosystem partnerships with private healthcare providers, academia, health IT practitioners, industry, patient groups and regulatory bodies.
Jaipur’s Gandhi Nagar becomes country’s first all-women railway station
- The North Western railways (NWR) has deployed a female employee on every single post in the Jaipur’s Gandhi Nagar railway station, making it the first such station in the country.
- Starting Monday, all 32 posts at the station – from station superintendent to head ticket collector, point woman to railway protection force constable and station master to ticket reservation clerk – were occupied by women.
Punjab’s Police to preserve cell in Jaitu where Nehru was kept in 1923
- The government of Punjab will undertake a Rs 50-lakh project for facelift and preservation of the police station cell where Jahawarlal Nehru was kept in 1923 during the Jaitu Morcha in present-day Faridkot district.
- The project was announced by tourism minister Navjot Singh Sidhu during a visit to Faridkot on Monday.
- Nehru, who became India’s first prime minister after independence in 1947, had been arrested at Jaitu when he and other freedom fighters reached there on September 21, 1923, to take part in the morcha being undertaken under the gurdwara reforms movement; and was kept in the cell for a few hours before being sent to the Nabha jail.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
PNB arm, IFC tie up to raise $800 mn for affordable housing
- PNB Housing Finance Ltd has tied up with International Finance Corporation (IFC), part of the World Bank Group, to raise $800 million for green and affordable housing in India.
- IFC is in negotiations with two other housing finance firms to invest another $150 million, as well as with property developers to assist the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) from both the demand and supply sides.
Whirlpool to invest ₹375 cr. in fridge unit
- Whirlpool India plans to expand its Pune manufacturing facility, which produces refrigerators, at an investment of ₹375 crore.
- The subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation USA, one of the world’s largest manufacturer of consumer appliances, made the announcement during the Magnetic Maharashtra Convergence 2018 event in Mumbai after signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the State Government.
Star gets IPL production rights
- Star India will broadcast and also produce the audio-visual feed the forthcoming edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- The announcement was made on Monday when the BCCI opened the bids for the audio-visual production rights for the IPL and the 2018-19 domestic cricket season.
Reliance Industries Limited to invest Rs 60,000 crore for digital industrial area in Maharashtra
- Mukesh Ambani today said his firm Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and its global partners will set up the country’s first integrated digital area in Maharashtra entailing investments of Rs 60,000 crore.
- “Reliance along with other global companies will invest over Rs 60,000 crore in the next 10 years in Maharashtra, which will be the first integrated digital industrial area in the country,” Ambani said in Magnetic Maharashtra summit.
- The Magnetic Maharashtra summit was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Current Affairs Sports
- Petra Kvitova defeated Garbine Muguruza on Sunday to win the Qatar Open.
- This victory will take her back into the world’s top 10.
- Despite the defeat, Muguruza will move up one position in the rankings, making her the World No. 3.
Imp Note : The Qatar Open is a professional tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It is currently part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour. It is held annually in January at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha, Qatar, since 1993.
Strandja Memorial boxing tournament
- L. Sarita Devi advanced to the quarterfinals on a mixed opening day for India at the Strandja Memorial boxing tournament for men and women on Monday.
- Sarita (60kg), a former World and Asian champion who fetched a silver at last month’s India Open, defeated Italian Manchese Conceha in a split 3-2 verdict.
Current Affairs World
Cyclone Gita hits New Zealand
- New Zealand’s national carrier on Tuesday cancelled all flights in and out of the capital, Wellington, and the southern city of Christchurch declared a state of emergency as the remnants of tropical cyclone Gita pummelled the country.
- Even before the storm hit in full force, heavy rains in the centre of New Zealand brought floods in Christchurch.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
India to host World Environment Day 2018
- India is the global host of 2018 World Environment Day which will take place on June 5, 2018.
- Beat Plastic Pollution”, the theme for World Environment 2018, urges governments, industry, communities, and individuals to come together and explore sustainable alternatives and urgently reduce the production and excessive use of single-use plastic polluting our oceans, damaging marine life and threatening human health.
- World Environment Day is a UN Environment-led global event, the single largest celebration of our environment each year, which takes place on June 5 and is celebrated by thousands of communities worldwide.
India test fires medium-range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- India on Tuesday test-fired its medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile with a strike range of 2,000 km from Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast.
- The trial of the surface-to-surface missile was conducted from a mobile launcher at the Launch Complex-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at around 8.38 am.
- The 20-m-long Agni-II ballistic missile has a launch weight of 17 tonne and can carry a payload of 1,000 kg over a distance of 2,000 kms.
Paytm board appoints Pallavi Shroff as independent director
- Paytm on Monday said Pallavi Shroff, managing partner at law firm Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, has joined the board of directors at One97 Communications Ltd, the holding company of Paytm and e-commerce firm Paytm Mall.
- She joins as an independent director and is the seventh appointee to Paytm’s board.
- Shroff has been practising law for over 34 years and has represented several private and public corporations in matters related to energy, infrastructure, natural resources, mergers and acquisitions, legislation and policy.
Imp Note : Paytm founder and chief executive officer – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF