Current Affairs National
American aerospace and defence major Lockheed proposes making custom-built fighter jets in India
- Lockheed Martin proposed to manufacture F-16 fighter jets in India.
- “We plan to introduce two new words into the lexicon of international fighter aircraft manufacturing: ‘India’ and ‘exclusive’,” Vivek Lall, vice president, strategy and business development, at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics told in an interview.
112 Women achievers felicitated by President Ram Nath Kovind
- 112 Women who achieved a first in their field were lauded by President on 20th Jan 2018 at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- These ‘First Ladies’ were identified by Women and Child Development of Government of India.
Two civilians and an army jawan killled in a ceasefire violation by Pakistan
- Three people lost their lives and nine other were injured in ceasefire violation by Pak along the International Border (IB) and Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu sector on Saturday.
- The government ordered closure of school within 5 Km of LoC and at least 10,000 people living along the border have been shifted to safer areas.
Delhi CM launches Girl Child Week
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday launched a week-long programme organised by NGO Alliance Defending Freedom India and PC & PNDT Cell of Directorate of Family Welfare of Delhi government to celebrate the girl child and to create awareness about gender equality.
- January 24 is celebrated as National Girl Child day.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Banks suspended accounts of bitcoin exchanges in India
- Several banks including SBI, HDFC, Yes Bank, ICICI Bank freezed accounts of Bitcoin exchanges over suspicion of false transactions.
- Zebpay, Unocion, BTCIndia and Cionsecure are among the India’s top 10 Cryptocurrencies exchanges in India.
Current Affairs Sports
India lost 1-2 to Belgium in Four Nations Invitational Hokey Tournament Final
- India lost 1-2 to Belgium in the final of Four Nations Hockey Tournament on Sunday.
- The only goal for India was scored by Mandeep Singh.
Current Affairs World
Kabul International Hotel attacked by Gunmen
- A group of Gunmen killed at least five people and wounded eight in an attack on Kabul’s International Hotel on Sunday.
- Four gunmen entered the hotel through a kitchen and started shooting at guests.
- Two of four gunmen were killed by Afghan Special Forces, said Interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi.
6.3 magnitude earthquake in Northern Chile
- A 6.3 magnitude earthquake has struck northern Chile at 10:06 p.m. local time yesterday. The earthquake was deep at 110 kilometers.
- The epicentre in Tarapaca was 76 km east of the city of Putre, and 118 km southeast of the Peruvian city of Tacna.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Google Arts & Culture app introduces a new feature in India
- Google Arts & Culture app on Friday introduced a new feature in India which lets users match their selfies with a work of classical art from one of the several art museums globally.
- The selfie feature lets users connect with more than 6,000 exhibitions from over 1,500 museum partners from 70 countries.
Telangana signs MoU with ISE Foods,Clean Authority of Tokyo
- Telangana has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Clean Authority of Tokyo on Friday for solid waste management.
- ISE Foods will also set up a solar park to support the egg production facility, including the development of storage devices.
Imp Note: Capital of Japan is Tokyo
Currency – Yen
Also Read : 20 January Current Affairs