Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
India successfully test-fires nuclear-capable ‘Dhanush’ ballistic missile
- India on Friday successfully test-fired the nuclear-capable ‘Dhanush’ ballistic missile with a strike range of 350 km from a naval ship off Odisha coast.
- The surface-to-surface missile, a naval variant of the indigenously-developed ‘Prithvi’ missile, was test-fired from the ship positioned near Paradip in the Bay of Bengal at around 10.52am.
- ‘Dhanush’ missile is capable of carrying a payload of 500 kg and hitting both land and sea-based targets.
- Its trial was carried out by the Strategic Force Command (SFC) of the defence forces.
Telangana and Taiwan signs MoU for better technology partnership
- The state government of Telangana on February 21, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Taoyuan City of Taiwan for better technology partnership in the state, as a part of the closing ceremony of the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2018.
- The agreement was signed and exchanged between the Principal Secretary to Government, Jayesh Ranjan and Director of the Board, Taoyuan City, Robert Huang in the presence of Telangana’s IT Minister KT Rama Rao.
- Taoyuan is one of the fastest growing cities with respect to entrepreneurship, innovation and IoT and Government of Telangana have agreed to partner with it.
PM Modi to inaugurate first ever TB India summit next month
- The government of India is all set to organise a mega India TB summit from March 13-16.
- All chief ministers will be invited and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the first of its kind event which is aimed at generating sufficient momentum for his vision of a TB free India by 2025, five years ahead of the global TB elimination target of 2030.
Fliers to Bengaluru can soon use ‘heli taxi’
- Thumby Aviation, a heli taxi operator, will start flights next week to ferry air passengers.
- The service will be aavailable from Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) to Electronics City, where companies such as Infosys and Wipro are based, said the firm’s managing director K.N.G. Nair.
CRPF to guard Indian embassy in Baghdad
- The government is planning to send Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) commandos to provide security to the Indian embassy in Baghdad.
- A Ministry of Home Affairs official said the deployment was being made on the request of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- The embassy in 2014 issued an advisory asking Indians living in Iraq to leave the country owing to the “precarious security situation.”
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Malegam to head RBI panel to review frauds
- The ₹11,500-crore fraud at the Punjab National Bank has prompted the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up a committee under former board member Y.H. Malegam to look into the reasons and suggest steps to prevent such occurrences.
- The committee will also look into the issue of huge non-performing asset divergences between what banks classify and what is detected in RBI inspection and recommend steps to address the issue.
- The other members of the committee are Bharat Doshi, S. Raman and Nandkumar Saravade. A.K. Misra, Executive Director, RBI, will be the Member-Secretary of the committee.
Asian Development Bank to give $84m loan for water projects in Bihar
- Multi-lateral funding agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Friday signed a $84 million loan agreement to finance water supply projects in two cities of Bihar.
- The loan will finance water supply improvements and expansion in Bhagalpur and Gaya towns in Bihar, ADB said in a statement.
- This is the second tranche of ADB’s $200 million multi-tranche financing facility for Bihar Urban Development Investment Programme, which was approved in 2012.
- The ADB funding facility is aimed at providing sustainable urban infrastructure and services in Bhagalpur, Gaya, Darbhanga and Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
Imp Note : Headquarters of ADB – Manila
Paytm launches two more firms to enter insurance sector
- Paytm has launched two more firms with an aim to enter the insurance sector in the country.
- This move has taken its total count of companies to six.
- PayTm has started Paytm Life Insurance Corporation Limited as well as Paytm General Insurance Corporation Limited.
- Both the companies have Vijay Shekhar Sharma as one of the directors.
Manohar Parrikar presents Rs 17,123-crore Goa budget
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar presented budget of Rs 17,123-crore 2018-19 in the state assembly on Thursday with a stress on education and job creation.
- Parrikar, who was undergoing treatment at a Mumbai hospital for a pancreatic ailment, returned on Thursday.
- The budget session was curtailed to four days owing to Parrikar’s ill-health.
- The gross total budgetary expenditure is Rs 17,123.28 crore for the coming fiscal as against Rs 16,027.01 crore for 2017-18, an increase of 6.84 per cent.
Current Affairs Sports
Mary Kom Seema Poonia enters final, Vikas Krishan in semis of Strandja Memorial boxing
- Asian Championships bronze-medallist Seema Poonia (+81kg) entered the finals, while two other women boxers settled for bronze medals at the Strandja Memorial Tournament here.
- Seema, who got a bye into the semifinals, defeated Bulgarian Mihaela Nikolova 5-0 to make the summit clash along with M C Mary Kom (48kg) among others.
- World championships silver-medallist Saweety Boora (75kg) lost to China’s Li Quian and Bhagyabati Kachari (81kg) went down to Russia’s Mariia Urakova.
- In the men’s draw, former Asian Games gold-medallist Vikas Krishan (75kg), Asian Games bronze medallist Satish Kumar (+91kg) and the unheralded Gaurav Solanki (52kg) advanced to the semi-finals to assure themselves of medals.
Current Affairs World
US tightens H-1B visa rules
- The Donald Trump administration has made it more difficult for companies and individuals to get H-1B work visas.
- Even if one gets it, it may not be for a full three years, as has been the practice.
- Indians and Indian IT companies will feel the impact the most because they are the biggest users of this visa.
- The shorter duration may even make the transition from H-1B to a Green Card next to impossible.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
CBI arrests Vikram Kothari and his son
- The CBI on Thursday arrested Rotomac Global Private Limited promoter-director Vikram Kothari and his son in the alleged ₹3,695-crore “wilful” loan default case.
- They have been accused of cheating a consortium of seven nationalised banks.
- The father-son duo was being questioned by the investigating team for the past two days at the CBI headquarters.
- Mr. Kothari’s wife, Sadhana, is also an accused in the FIR that was registered on February 18 following a complaint by the Bank of Baroda.
PM Modi To Launch Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme In Chennai
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be in Chennai today to attend the launch of the AIADMK government’s ambitious scheme of providing 50 per cent subsidy to working women to buy two-wheelers.
- A project of late chief minister J Jayalalithaa, the Amma Two-wheeler Scheme is being launched on her birth anniversary.
- According to an official statement, besides Tamil Nadu, the prime minister will also visit Daman, Puducherry and Gujarat in the next two days.
Huawei, Airtel conduct India’s first successful 5G network trial in India
- Chinese technology giant Huawei and telecom services provider Bharti Airtel on Friday announced to have successfully conducted 5G network trial under a test set-up in India.
- The trial was conducted at Airtel’s Network Experience Centre in Manesar (Gurugram).
- During the test trial, a user throughput of more than 3Gbps was achieved.
- This is the highest measured throughput for a mobile network in 3.5 GHz band with 100MHz bandwidth and end-to-end network latency of approximately 1 msec the company said.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 23 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 22 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 21 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF