Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
India, Uzbekistan region ink pharma pact
- The Andijan Region of Uzbekistan and India have inked an agreement for cooperation in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A joint statement released by the Embassy of Uzbekistan said that both sides will develop cooperation in the implementation of a program for the production of pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical products and medical equipment in the Andijan region of Uzbekistan.
- Both sides have agreed to work together in principle on the issue of creating an Uzbek-Indian free pharmaceutical zone in the Andijan region and start joint development of a business plan for this project.
Mahindra arm, Viking Air ally for UDAN plan
- Mahindra Aerospace Private Limited has signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Canada’s Viking Air Ltd. to form a strategic alliance to take advantage of India’s growing regional air connectivity opportunities.
- Under the MoU, Mahindra Aerospace and Viking would support each other’s non-competing aircraft business to boost market expansion in identified territories and provide potential customers with options based on specific operational requirements.
UIDAI introduces special blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’ for children below the age of 5
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has now introduced a blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card for children below the age of 5 years.
- All children below the age of 5 don’t need to give biometric details for getting an Aadhaar card.
- Blue coloured Baal Aadhaar will be issued to children below 5 years and when the child does become 5, then he/she has to submit biometric authentication.
- Failing to do so within the next 7 years would result in suspension of the Aadhaar card.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Banks told to link core banking solution with SWIFT system
- The Reserve Bank has set an April 30 deadline for all banks to link the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) with their core banking solution (CBS).
- Indian Banks Association (IBA) chairperson Usha Ananthasubramanian said there is an urgency to fast-track SWIFT-CBS linkage.
- This came after the country’s second largest state-run lender Punjab National Bank detected a Rs 11,400-crore fraudulent transactions at one of its branches in Mumbai.
Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank begins operations
- Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank Ltd (ABIPBL) has commenced operations as a payments bank with effect from February 22.
- ABIPBL is a joint venture between Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd (51 per cent stake) and Ideal Cellular (49 per cent stake).
- The payments bank is also authorised to carry on the business of Prepaid Payments Instrument business.
- The Reserve Bank of India has issued a licence to the bank under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to carry on the business of payments bank.
RBI launches Ombudsman Scheme for NBFCs
- The RBI has launched ‘Ombudsman Scheme’ for non-banking financial companies (NBFC) for redressal of complaints against them.
- “The scheme will provide a cost-free and expeditious complaint redressal mechanism relating to deficiency in the services by NBFCs covered under the Scheme,” the central bank said.
- The offices of the NBFC ombudsmen will function at four metro centres — Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi.
- They will handle complaints of customers in respective zones.
Current Affairs Sports
Indian women clinch T20 series 3-1
- Indian women accomplished a ‘historic double’ as they outclassed South Africa women by 54 runs in the fifth and final Twenty20 International to clinch the series 3-1, in Cape Town on Saturday.
- After Mithali Raj led the side to a 2-1 series win in the ODIs, it was Harmanpreet Kaur’s turn to lift the trophy as they become the first cricket team to win two formats in South Africa.
- It was Mithali’s (62 off 50 balls) experience that enabled India to register par score of 166 for four in 20 overs.
India beat South Africa by 7 runs in Cape Town T20, win three-match series 2-1
- India beat South Africa by seven runs in the third and final T20 in Cape Town on Saturday, thereby sealing the three-match series 2-1 to end the tour of South Africa.
- Batting first, Shikhar Dhawan scored 47 while Suresh Raina scored 43 as India posted 172/7 from their 20 overs.
- South Africa could score 165/6 in 20 overs falling 8 runs short.
- India have won a bilateral ODI as well as T20I series for the first time in South Africa.
Vikas Krishan, Amit Panghal enter final at Strandja Memorial Boxing
- Former Asian Games gold-medallist Vikas Krishan (75kg) and the Amit Panghal (49kg) advanced to the finals of the Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament for men and women.
- Amit, a gold-medallist at last month’s India Open, defeated Russia’s Soian Artysh to make the summit clash where he will be up against Morocco’s Said Mordaji.
- Vikas, on the other hand, defeated China’s Tuohetaerbieke Tanglatiha in his semifinal contest.
Current Affairs World
IOC upholds ban of Russia through Winter Games
- The International Olympic Committee on Sunday upheld the ban of Russia from the Pyeongchang Winter Games because of doping, denying the 168 athletes competing here as “Olympic Athletes from Russia” the right to march in the opening ceremony under their country’s flag.
- The IOC’s full membership unanimously approved the recommendation of the executive board just hours before the final competition of the Olympics. Fifty-two of the IOC’s 100 members were present for the vote.
- The Russia committee met for hours on Saturday and presented their findings on Sunday morning to the full membership.
US to open Jerusalem embassy in May, marking Israel’s 70th anniversary
- The United States said on Friday, it will relocate its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May, bringing forward the contested move to coincide with the Jewish state’s 70th birthday and enraging Palestinians, who called it a “blatant provocation.”
- The embassy move is expected to complicate efforts to restart peace talks between the Israelis and Palestinians and jeopardize the traditional, if disputed, US role as an “honest broker” in efforts to resolve one of the world’s most intractable conflicts.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Nissan’s driver less car out for testing on roads in Yokohama
- Nissan and software firm DeNA will soon start a field test of “Easy Ride”, a driver-less car system in Japan.
- The service was developed in a partnership, which began last year, with Japanese mobile game provider DeNA Co.
- DeNA has been working on driver less bus and delivery services in Japan.
Imp Note : CEO of Nissan – Hiroto Saikawa
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 24 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 23 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 22 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 21 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF