Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
DRDO successfully carries out test flight of Rustom-2 drone
- India’s premier defence research institute DRDO yesterdeay carried out “successful” test flight of its Rustom 2 drone, a medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), at Chalakere in Karnataka’s Chitradurga district.
- Rustom 2 is being developed on the lines of predator drones of the US to carry out surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) roles for the armed forces with an endurance of 24 hours. Rustom 2 is capable of carrying different combinations of payloads like synthetic aperture radar, electronic intelligence systems and situational awareness payloads.
- The around Rs 1,500-crore unmanned aerial vehicle(UAV) project was initiated considering requirement of the the Army, Navy and Air Force.
PM Narendra Modi launches Rs 1000-cr development schemes for Daman & Diu
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday, February 24, 2018 launched development schemes worth Rs 1,000 crore for Daman and Diu, and also inaugurated a flight connecting Ahmedabad to coastal town of Diu.
- The Prime Minister, who inaugurated Air Odisha’s flight connecting Ahmedabad with Diu under the Centre’s regional connectivity scheme UDAN, said air connectivity will boost tourism in the region.
- He also launched a helicopter service connecting Daman and Diu at an event at Daman and Diu.
- Mr. Modi also laid the foundation stones for a slew of projects, including a water treatment plant, a gas pipeline, an electric sub-station, a municipal market and a foot-bridge for the Union Territory.
8th Indo- Seychelles Army exercise starts
- The eighth joint military exercise between the Indian Army and Seychelles People’s Defence Forces started on Saturday and will continue till March 4 at Mahe Island, Seychelles.
- The exercise is named “Lamitye” which in the local dialect ‘Creole’, means friendship.
- This exercise is the eighth in the series of bilateral exercises being conducted in the beautiful island nation.
- India and Seychelles have been conducting this joint exercise since 2001 with the aim of enhancing military cooperation and interoperability between the armies of the two countries.
ISRO to launch another IRNSS satellite in April
- After its failure to inject into the orbit the eighth of the navigation satellite, IRNSS-1H that was to replace the faulty IRNSS-1A in the Indian Navigation Satellite Constellation or NavIC in August last year, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is gearing up to launch another IRNSS satellite in April.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Finance ministry puts out list of 9,500 ‘high risk’ finance companies
- The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) under the finance ministry has released a list of nearly 9500 non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) which have been categorised as ‘high risk financial institutions’.
- The list released by FIU-India on its website shows the names of NBFCs which have been categorised ‘high risk’ and found non-compliant to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) rules as on January 31.
- As per the PMLA, all NBFCs have to appoint a principal officer in the financial institution and report all suspicious and cash transactions of Rs 10 lakh and above to the Financial Intelligence Unit(FIU).
Current Affairs Sports
Parupalli Kashyap wins Austrian Open
- Parupalli Kashyap overcame Malaysia’s June Wei Cheam in straight games in the men’s singles final to clinch the Austrian Open International Challenge, his first international title in over three years.
- Kashyap, a former National champion and second seed, saw off Cheam 23-21 21-14 in a 37-minute clash late last night.
Aruna Reddy creates history to win bronze at Gymnastics World Cup
- Aruna Budda Reddy became the first Indian gymnast to clinch an individual medal at the Gymnastics World Cup in Melbourne by securing bronze in the women’s vault.
- Reddy, 22, scored 13.649 to finish behind gold medallist Tjasa Kysslef of Slovania and Emily Whitehead of Australia who took silver.
- The other Indian woman in contention, Pranati Nayak finished sixth with a score of 13.416.
- Reddy is a former black belt and Karate trainer. In 2005, Reddy won her first National medal which convinced her to take up the sport.
Gopi, Monica win Delhi marathon
- Defending champions T. Gopi and Monica Athare retained their titles in the men’s and women’s categories respectively at the third edition of the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon here on Sunday but were unable to achieve the qualifying mark for the upcoming Commonwealth Games.
- While Gopi clocked a personal best timing of 2:15:16, Monica completed the race in 2:43:46. Fellow Olympian Nitender Singh Rawat finished runner-up to Gopi.
- This was the last chance for the runners to make the grade for the April CWG.
Current Affairs World
7.5 magnitude earthquake rattles homes, gold mine in Papua New Guinea
- A powerful earthquake rattled forest villages and a large gold mine in central Papua New Guinea early Monday, but there were no immediate reports of injuries.
- Chris McKee, acting director of geohazards mangement for the Papua New Guinea government, said tens of thousands of people live in the forested highlands region affected by the quake.
- Papua New Guinea is located on the eastern half of the island of New Guinea, to the east of Indonesia. It is home to about 7 million people.
International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels, ICSB 2018
- A two- day International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels is jointly being organized by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India on behalf of Mission Innovation and Biofuture Platform at the Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- The event will bring together experts from Biofuels sector to take stock of current knowledge, share information and best practices, and build consensus on the actions most needed to move forward.
- Senior Government Officers, Technical Experts, Academicians, Researchers and Representatives from various Countries, Industry and Investors will participate in the event.
- Union Minister for Science and technology, Earth Sciences and Environment Forest & Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, will be Chief Guest and will inaugurate and address the International Conference followed by Exhibition on February 26th, 2018.
- Shri V.K. Saraswat, Member NITI Aayog will deliver the keynote address, Prof. Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary Department of Biotechnology & Department of Science & Technology would deliver the address to the gathering.
Imp Note : The Sustainable Biofuel is one of the Seven Mission Innovation Challenges and India Co-leads this along with other countries Brazil, Canada and China.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Architect Hafeez Contractor Offers To Design 19 Railway Stations For Free
- Noted architect Hafeez Contractor has offered to design 19 train stations across the country for free, including several in Mumbai, as part of a redevelopment project being rolled out by the Indian Railways.
- Sanjeev Kumar Lohia, Managing Director and Chief Executive officer of the Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited (IRSDC), the nodal agency for redeveloping 600 railway stations, said Mr Contractor was among four who had offered to design railway stations free of cost.
- Among the stations Contractor has offered to redesign are Dadar, Parel, Wadala, Bandra and Khar in Mumbai.
A new technology tells who you are thinking about
- Scientists have developed a new mind-reading technology that analyses brain waves to recreate the facial image a user is thinking about.
- The technique, developed by Dan Nemrodov, a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Toronto Scarborough, is able to digitally reconstruct images seen by test subjects based on electroencephalography (EEG) data.
Legendary Bollywood actor Sridevi passes away in Dubai, she was 54
- Veteran Bollywood actor and Padma Shri awardee Sridevi, who had an illustrious career spanning over four decades, passed away.
- She was 54.
- Sridevi, died late in the night reportedly due to cardiac arrest in Dubai, where she had gone along with her family to attend her nephew Mohit Marwah’s wedding.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 25 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 24 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 23 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 22 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 21 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF