Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
PM Modi flags off ‘Run for New India’ Marathon in Surat
- The ‘Run for New India marathon was flagged off from the Lalbhai Contractor Stadium of the city.
- The Marathon is aimed at creating awareness about social causes and call upon all to resolve to build a New India.
- The Marathon is divided into 4 categories which included 41 KM full marathon.
- Around 1.50 lakh runners participated in the ‘Run for New India’ marathon which was organized by the Surat Nagrik Samiti.
21st National Conference on e-Governance inaugurated
- Union Minister of State for Consumers Affairs C.R. Choudhary and Telangana IT Minister K.T. Ramarao inaugurated the 21st National Conference on e-Governance in Hyderabad on Monday.
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India, along with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India in association with Government of Telangana is organizing the 21stNational Conference on e-Governance.
- The Theme of the Conference this year is, ‘Technology for accelerating Development’.
- The Conference serves as a forum in which the Secretaries, Administrative Reforms and Secretaries, Information Technology of State Governments, IT Managers of the Central Governments, Software Solution providers, industry, etc. participate and interact, exchange opinions, views, discuss issues, problems and also analyze various solution frameworks.
Government sets up the “NITI Forum for Northeast”
- The Union Government has issued order setting up the ‘Niti Forum for North-East’.
- The forum will be co-chaired by the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog and Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development of Northeastern Region (DoNER).
- The forum will have its Secretariat in the Ministry of DoNER. The NITI Forum for Northeast is tasked to identify various constraints on the way of accelerated, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in the North East Region of the country and to recommend suitable interventions for addressing identified constraints.
- It will also review the development status in the NER.
Navy to host MILAN from March 6 to 13
- The Indian Navy will host the multi-national MILAN series of exercises at Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar islands from March 6 to March 13, 2018.
- MILAN is a congregation of littoral navies conducted biennially by the Indian Navy under the aegis of the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- It began in 1995 with the participation of four littoral navies and has steadily grown in size and complexity encompassing participation of maritime forces from not just the Bay of Bengal and South East Asia but the larger Indian Ocean Region.
CRPF starts bike ambulance for remote villages of Naxal-hit Bastar region
- The CRPF, in the thick of anti-Naxal operations in Chhattisgarh, has launched a unique bike ambulance initiative for providing basic healthcare facilities to those living in remote jungle areas of Bastar region.
- Medical teams, accompanied by well-armed security personnel ride their motorcycles to help the sick and injured in about 70 villages of Bijapur district that shares its border with Dantewada the worst Maoist violence-hit district of the state and also adjoining Telangana and Maharashtra.
- A field surgical team, comprising a doctor, a paramedic and an assistant, are part of the bike ambulance team.
- They go to villages either as part of a patrol or are called in by the villagers in need.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Airtel joins global alliance to bring high-speed in-flight data connectivity to customers
- Bharti Airtel on Monday said it has joined the ‘Seamless Alliance’, which would empower mobile operators and airlines to extend their services into airline cabins, a company statement said.
- The formation of the ‘Seamless Alliance’ was announced on Monday in Barcelona.
- Through this alliance, the member operators, including Airtel, would be able to continuously provide their customers via satellite technology the same high speed, low latency connectivity from ground, to air and back again.Other founding members include OneWeb, Airbus, Delta and Sprint.
Sterlite Technologies bags Rs 3,500 crore project from Indian Navy
- Sterlite Technologies on Monday said it has been awarded a Rs3,500-crore advance purchase order to design, build and manage the Indian Navy’s communications network.
- “The Rs 3500-crore system integration project will enable the Indian Navy with a digital communications network at par with the most advanced naval forces globally,” the company said in a statement.
- This will give the navy digital defence supremacy at par with the best naval forces globally.
- This is the first time that an integrated naval communications network at such a scale is being built in India, the company added.
BSNL partners Nokia to roll out 4G services
- State owned telecom firm BSNL signed a pact with Nokia to roll out 4G services in 10 telecom circles covering western and southern regions in India.
- Nokia will deploy the technology in 10 telecom circles in India – Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Telangana – serving large cities, businesses, technology and tourist hubs and nearly 38 million BSNL subscribers.
- The network technology that will be deployed by Nokia will help BSNL to save operational costs while supporting 2G, 3G and 4G subscribers in a single radio unit.
Current Affairs Sports
Sameer Verma lifts Swiss Open title
- Indian shuttler Sameer Verma with a clinical performance defeated former world no. 2 Jan O Jorgensen to clinch the men’s singles title at the $150,000 Swiss Open Super 300 tournament on Sunday.
- The 23-year-old from Madhya Pradesh showed great anticipation and technique and added power in his smashes to bamboozle Jorgensen 21-15, 21-13 in a lop-sided contest.
- Sameer, who had clinched the Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold last year and reached the finals at 2016 Hong Kong Super Series, thus lifted his first title of the season and joined fellow Indians Kidambi Srikanth and HS Prannoy, who had won the title in 2015 and 2016.
PyeongChang Winter Olympics concludes on Sunday
- The 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics concluded with a spectacular closing ceremony on Sunday.
- The grand event, which commenced on February 25 with the two Koreans marching under a unified flag, ran through 17 days and saw 2,920 athletes competing from 92 nations.
- In the closing ceremony, the Olympic flag was handed over to Chinese organizers for the next Winter Games in Beijing in 2022.
- Tokyo will host the 2020 Summer Olympics, while Beijing will welcome the countries for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- With the 2022 Games, Beijing will become the first city in the world to host both the summer and winter editions of the Olympic Games after hosting the Summer Games in 2008.
- Norway dominated the medal table with 14 gold, 14 silver and 11 bronze.
- Germany came in second with 31 total medals and 14 gold medals, and Canada finished in third with 29 medals, 11 of which were gold.
Current Affairs World
India, US hold talks on defence cooperation
- India and the US discussed on Monday ways to deepen bilateral defence cooperation, including joint development of military hardware, and issues relating to technology transfer, officials said.
- The issues were discussed at a meeting of the Inter Agency Task Force which is part of the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) between the two countries.
- The meeting was co-chaired by Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff Vice Admiral A K Jain and Acting Director of the US’ International Cooperation Matthew Warren.
King of Jordan to visit India for three days from February 27
- King of Jordan Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, accompanied by a business delegation, will come on a three-day visit to India starting on Tuesday, the external affairs ministry announced on Monday.
- This will be his second visit to India after his visit along with Queen Rania in 2006.
- King Abdullah will hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra during the course of which the two sides will discuss the entire gamut of bilateral relations as well as regional and international issues of mutual interest.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Just 7.28% Women in Police Forces
- Women in the country constitute just 7.28 percent of the police force in India and at 2.47 percent, their presence is the lowest in Naxal-hit Telangana, according to government data.
- In militancy-affected Jammu and Kashmir, there are just 3.05 percent women in a police force which has a sanctioned strength of more than 80,000 police personnel, Union home ministry statistics said.
- Defence forces together comprise around nine lakh personnel of whom only around 20,000 are women now.
Terragraph: Facebook’s new initiative to connect people
- Facebook has unveiled new initiatives to upgrade existing networks for the future, build new networks in under-connected regions and leverage new technologies.
- The initiatives, announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, include partnerships to support Terragraph a millimeter-wave, multi-node wireless backhaul system optimised to bring high-speed internet connectivity to dense urban areas.
- Facebook announced that Terragraph will be deployed for field trials in two locations serving customer traffic.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 26 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 25 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 24 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 23 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 22 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 21 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF