Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Moody’s says India recovering from demonetisation, GST
- Moody’s Investors Service said on Wednesday Indian economy is starting to recover from the negative impact of demonetisation and disruption caused by GST roll out, but kept GDP growth estimates unchanged at 7.6% for 2018.
- In its global growth forecasts for 2018 and 2019, Moody’s said the Budget for fiscal year beginning April 1 (2018-19) includes some measures to stabilise rural economy that was disproportionately hit by scrapping of high denomination 500 and 1000 rupee notes.
- In November last year, Moody’s had raised India’s sovereign rating for the first time in 13 years.
PM Modi welcomes Jordan’s King
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein of Jordan, who is on a three-day visit to India, at the Delhi airport, on Tuesday.
- The Jordanian King’s visit comes nearly three weeks after Modi travelled to Jordan as part of his trip to West Asia, including Palestine.
- The Prime Minister and the King will hold extensive talks on Thursday covering entire expanse of bilateral ties.
Haj airfare reduced
- The government on Tuesday announced a significant reduction in airfare for Haj pilgrims, a month after it scrapped subsidies for the pilgrimage.
- From Ahmedabad, the round fare this year will be around ₹65,015. For Mumbai , it will be about ₹57,857.
- The reduction will be applicable on Air India, Saudi Airlines and Flynas from 21 airports in India.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Railways to install sanitary napkin dispensers at 200 stations by March 8
- The Railways will install sanitary napkin dispensers and incinerators at about 200 major railway stations across the country by International Women’s Day on March 8, the ministry said.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal visited ‘Dastak’, a production unit started by Railway Women’s Welfare Central Organization (RWWCO) for making eco-friendly and affordable “sanitary pads” at its Sarojani Nagar Railway Colony centre , the railways ministry said in a statement.
Google Tez now integrated with State Bank of India
- Google (Alphabet Inc.) on Tuesday said it has integrated Google Tez with State Bank of India (SBI), allowing customers of India’s largest lender to transact directly from their bank accounts through the mobile payments app.
- SBI is the first public sector bank to have partnered with Google Tez.
- SBI customers can now create a unique UPI ID to carry out the transactions.
Current Affairs Sports
Roger Federer becomes most decorated Laureus award winner
- Tennis legend Roger Federer became the most decorated winner in the history of Laureus World Sports Awards after he won twin honours, his sixth, which includes the Sportsman and Comeback titles at the 18th edition of the prestigious awards ceremony.
- In the Sportsman of the Year category, Federer waved off tough competition from the likes of Rafael Nadal and Cristiano Ronaldo to bag the honours.
- The Swiss tennis star, who won the Australian Open and Wimbledon this year, also clinched the Comeback of the Year award.
Karnataka beat Saurashtra to win Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Sensible batting from opener Mayank Agarwal (90) helped Karnataka outplay Saurashtra by 41 runs in the final match of the Vijay Hazare Trophy 50-overs cricket tournament here on Tuesday.
- Following the win, Karnataka pacer Sreenath Arvind also announced his retirement from first-class and list A cricket.
- Chasing, 254, Saurashtra failed to get the start they wanted and started losing wickets at quick intervals. The first two wickets fell inside three overs with the scoreboard reading 15 runs.
Bangladesh appoint Courtney Walsh as interim coach
- Bangladesh’ current bowling coach Courtney Walsh has been named as the interim coach of the Tigers or next month’s tri-nation Twenty20 series in Sri Lanka.
- Walsh, who has been the bowling coach since 2016, takes over from Richard Halsall (interim head coach since October).
- The position of Bangladesh’ head coach had been vacant ever since Chandika Hathurusingha quit after being in charge for three years.
Current Affairs World
Maldives health minister resigns, appeals for support from international community
- Maldives State Health Minister Dunya Maumoon, niece of President Abdulla Yameen, on Tuesday resigned from the Cabinet after the arrest of her father and appealed the international community to support the Maldivian people in overcoming the political crisis plaguing the island nation.
- Dunya’s father, former President of the Maldives Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, and brother Ahmed Faaris Maumoon were arrested on charges of trying to topple the Yameen government.
- Dunya has been under fire for working with the government while her father and brother are in police custody after a state of emergency was declared in the country.
China developing 400 kmph bullet train
- China is developing new bullet trains with a speed up to 400 kmph besides researching on the next generation magnetic-levitation train with a top speed of 600 kmph, a Chinese official said.
- He also said China was carrying out research on the next generation magnetic-levitation trains which have a top speed of 600 kmph.
- A permanent magnet drive system has been added to trains and is undergoing assessment, Ding said, adding that automatic and unmanned drive technology will be used in the future.
US energy chief cancels India trip to plan nuclear talks with Saudis
- US energy secretary Rick Perry will travel to London to discuss nuclear energy with officials from Saudi Arabia on Friday as the Trump administration pursues a deal to build reactors in the kingdom
- Perry scrapped a trip to New Delhi to accommodate meetings at the White House this week, creating an opening for him to lead an inter-agency delegation to London.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
CBI arrests Karti Chidambaram in INX Media case after he returns from London
- The Central Bureau of Investigation arrested Karti Chidambaram in a case of corruption from the Chennai airport on his return from London on Wednesday morning.
- Karti, who is the son of former finance minister and senior Congress leader P Chidambaram, was arrested in what has come to be known as INX Media money-laundering case.
- The case was registered in May 2017.
National Science Day on Feb 28
- Institutes of scientific research will open their gates to students and common public in celebration of the National Science Day on February 28.
- The day is celebrated in India to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman on the same day in 1928.
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, like every year has organised an open day from 10 am on Wednesday with science exhibitions, lecture demonstrations and screenings of science films.
- This year, the institute has also organised a special interaction on Saraswati Supercluster, whose discovery by the IUCAA scientists recently brought the institute on international radar.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month February, 2018
- 27 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 26 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 25 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 24 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 23 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 22 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 21 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 20 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 February 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 February 2018 Current Affairs:
- 12 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 11 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 10 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 9 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 8 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 7 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 6 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 5 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 4 February 2018 Current Affairs
- 3rd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 2nd Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- 1st Feb 2018 Current Affairs
- Download Weekly PDF : Download February 2018 First Week GK and Current Affairs PDF