Current Affairs National
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expected to attend the first India-Nordic summit at Stockholm in Sweden
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to attend the first India-Nordic summit at Stockholm in Sweden with an eye on attracting investment for his government’s ambitious “Make in India” campaign.
- The proposed date for the Nordic summit is April 17.
National Health Protection Scheme to cost govt Rs 1,100-1,200 per family every year
- National Health Protection Scheme will need 12,000 crore every year to cover 100 million poor households and 500 million individuals.
- “Around ₹2,000 crore has been allocated for the scheme, but eventually, the states will have to implement it with help from the Centre. The Centre will bear 60% of the cost, and 40% will be borne by the states,” said J P Nadda, Union health minister.
4 Major Rivers In Jammu And Kashmir Declared ‘National Waterways’
- Four major rivers, Jhelum, Chenab, Indus and Ravi in Jammu and Kashmir have been declared “national waterways” by the union government.
- The move will pave the way for inland navigation on them to boost water transport and tourism.
- “To meet future flood challenges in the Jammu region, the Flood Protection to River Chenab project at a cost of Rs. 2,314 crore has been conceptualised and the DPR has been submitted to the Union government”, Minister for Public Health Engineering, Irrigation and Flood Control, Sham Lal Choudhary said.
Andhra Pradesh CM to lay foundation for Universal Peace Retreat Center
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu will on Thursday lay the foundation stone for the Universal Peace Retreat Center of ‘Prajapita Brahmakumari Eswariya University’ in Amaravati.
- The state government has allotted 10 acres of land for this center at Nekkollu village within the Amaravati Capital Region.Dr Janaki Dadi, Chief of Brahmakumaris as well as representatives across the country will be participating in the event.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Indian Oil to invest Rs 3,400 crore in Assam to expand operations
- Indian Oil Corporation will invest Rs 3,400 crore in Assam over the next five years to expand its operations by setting up new units as well as upgrading existing ones, a senior IOC official said on Saturday.
- “We are signing an MoU with the state government that will empower us to invest Rs 3,400 crore in Assam over the next five years. This will be for various projects across the state,” Indian Oil Corporation, executive director Dipankar Ray told PTI at the Summit.
Current Affairs Sports
India wins ICC Under19 Cricket World Cup
- India lifted ICC Under19 Cricket World Cup for the Fourth time after defeating Australia in the final played today in Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.
- India chased down 217 in 38.5 overs with 8 wickets remaining.
- Manjot Kalra who scored century was the Player of the Match.
- Player of the Series is Shubham Gill.
- India remained unbeaten in the tournament.
- With this win India became the country with most Under 19 World Cup trophies.
India Open boxing
- Mary Kom, Manish Kaushik won gold on final day of India Open Boxing.
- Satish Kumar was beaten by Uzbekistan’s Bakhodir Jalolov and bagged silver.
- India collected total 40 medals in which 8 are gold medals.
Current Affairs World
Canada Senate to make its national anthem gender-neutral
- Canada’s Senate passed a bill which will make Canada’s National Anthem gender neutral.
- The bill changes the phrase “in all thy sons command” to “in all of us command.”
Bhutan opens consulate in Guwahati on Friday
- Bhutan opened consulate in Guwahati on Friday.
- Bhutan has social, cultural and economic ties with Assam and it is lso pilgrimage destination for Bhutanese Buddhists.
- “Bhutan’s diplomatic relationship with Assam precedes that with India, and history refers to cordial relationship between the kings of Bhutan and medieval Assam. It is thus apt for us to set up our second consulate here in Guwahati,” said Bhutan’s Foreign Minister Damcho Dorji.
Imp Note : Capital of Bhutan – Thimphu
Prime Minister – Tshering Tobgay
Will work closely with India, Nepali leaders assure Sushma Swaraj
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj on Friday completed her two-day visit to Nepal.
- The new government in Kathmandu assured that it will work closely with New Delhi.
- Sushma Swaraj got the assurances from the three political stakeholders in Nepal (1) CPN-UML chairman and prime minister-in-waiting KP Oli (2) CPN(Maoist Centre) chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal “Prachanda” (3) Madhes based leaders.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
17-day Surajkund craft fair begins
- The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela started off on 2 February in Faridabad, Haryana.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the event in the presence of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- Over 1,500 artisans from 20 states of the country and 28 foreign countries will take part in the annual art and cultural festival.
- The 17-day fair will conclude on February 18.
‘Exam Warriors’, PM Narendra Modi’s Book for Students Launched today
- HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar & External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj launched ‘Exam Warriors’, a book written by PM Narendra Modi for students.
- The book is written in a fun and interactive style, with illustrations, activities and yoga exercises.
- The book will be a friend not only in acing exams but also in facing life.
Also Read : 2 February Current Affairs