Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
India-Jordan sign 12 agreements
- India and Jordan inked 12 Agreements and MoUs.These include agreement on Defence Co-operation, Visa waiver of Diplomatic & Official Passport holders, Cultural Exchange Programme, Manpower Co-operation agreement, Co-operation in field of Health and Medicine.
- For setting up of Next Generation Centre of Excellence. MoU for long term supply of Rock Phosphate and Fertilizer/NPK, Customs Mutual Assistance Agreement.
1st Mega Food Park inaugurated in Maharashtra at Satara
- The first Mega Food Park in the state of Maharashtra, M/s Satara Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Degaon, District Satarawas inaugurated on 1st March, 2018 by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Minister of Food Processing Industries in the presence of Shri DevendraFadnavis, Chief Minister, of Maharashtra.
- This is the 12th Mega Food Park operationalized in the country so far and the 10th operationalized during the tenure of present government.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries is focusing on boosting the food processing industry so that agriculture sector grows exponentially and becomes a major contributor to doubling the farmer’s income and ‘Make in India’ initiative of the government.
India backs Kabul’s peace offer
- India welcomed Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani’s outreach to the Taliban at the Second Kabul Conference on Wednesday.
- Representing India at the conference, Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale met Mr. Ghani as well as Foreign Minister Salahuddin Rabbani and National Security Advisor Hanif Atmar, the Ministry of External Affairs said.
- “The Foreign Secretary conveyed that India welcomed the Afghan government’s call to armed groups to cease violence and join national peace and reconciliation process that would protect the rights of all Afghans, including the women, children and the minorities,” an Ministry of External Affairs statement said.
Imp Note : Afghanistan Capital – Kabul Currency – Afghan afghani
Vinay Kumar is envoy to Afghanistan
- Senior diplomat Vinay Kumar has been appointed as India’s ambassador to strategically key Afghanistan, succeeding incumbent Manpreet Vohra.
- Mr. Kumar, a 1992 batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as Joint Secretary (south) in the headquarters of the External Affairs Ministry.
- Mr. Kumar has served in various positions and has worked in India’s permanent mission to the United Nations in New York.
Hetero launches HIV treatment drug in India
- Drug firm Hetero on Tuesday said it has launched generic anti-retroviral fixed-dose combination (FDC) of Emtricitabine (200mg) and Tenofovir Alafenamide (25mg) in India.
- The product has been approved by Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) and will be marketed and distributed under the brand name ‘TAFERO-EM’ by Hetero Healthcare Ltd.
- The FDC drug is an anti-retroviral medication which is indicated in combination with other anti-retroviral agents for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection in adults and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older.
Lakshadweep joins “UDAY” scheme; would derive an overall net benefit of Rs 8 crore through “UDAY”
- The Government of India and the Union Territory of Lakshadweep signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under the Scheme UDAY, for operational turnaround of the Union Territory’s Electricity Department.
- An overall net benefit of approximately Rs. 8 crore would accrue to Lakshadweep by participating in UDAY, by way of cheaper funds, reduction in AT&C losses, interventions in energy efficiency, etc. during the period of turnaround and will continue in future years.
- The MoU paves way for improving operational efficiency of the Electricity Department of the Union Territory (UT).
- Through compulsory Distribution Transformer metering, consumer indexing & GIS mapping of losses, upgrade/change transformers, smart metering of high-end consumers, feeder audit etc.,AT&C losses and transmission losses would be brought down, besides eliminating the gap between cost of supply of power and realisation.
Imp Note : UDAY – Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana is the financial turnaround and revival package for electricity distribution companies of India initiated by the Government of India.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Cabinet approves Establishment of National Financial Reporting Authority
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for establishment of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) and creation of one post of Chairperson, three posts of full-time Members and one post of Secretary for NFRA.
- The decision aims at establishment of NFRA as an independent regulator for the auditing profession which is one of the key changes brought in by the Companies Act, 2013.
- The decision is expected to result in improved foreign/domestic investments, enhancement of economic growth, supporting the globalisation of business by meeting international practices, and assist in further development of audit profession.
IndusInd Bank, Ripple tie up for cross border payments
- IndusInd Bank announced its partnership with Ripple, the enterprise blockchain solution for global payments, to facilitate payments into and out of India.
- With this affiliation, RippleNet can now provide instant access in emerging markets such as India, Brazil and China.
- In 2017, India saw a total of USD 65 billion move into the country and IndusInd Bank which has significant interests in cross border remittances, plans to harness the power of blockchain technology for facilitating global payments.
Cabinet approves new regulator to oversee auditors
- Union cabinet on Thursday approved a proposal to establish a National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) as an independent regulator for the auditing profession, in an attempt to tighten the regulatory oversight over chartered accountants and plug loopholes.
- Setting up NFRA was one of the key changes brought about by the Companies Act 2013 but its provisions were not notified for the last five years.
- NFRA will have powers to investigate chartered accountants and their firms of all listed companies and large unlisted public companies,
Current Affairs Sports
Australian 99-year-old George Corones smashes age world record in swimming
- Australia’s George Corones has broken what is claimed to be the 50-metres long-course freestyle world record for his age group.
- The 99-year-old was the only competitor in the 100 to 104 years men’s masters category on Friday and set a time of 56.12 seconds for a single length of the Gold Coast Aquatic Center pool, which will host the swimming competition at the Commonwealth Games next month.
- The race was organised specifically to allow Corones a chance to break the 100-104 age group record of 1:31.19 set in 2014 by Briton John Harrison.
27th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament begins in Ipoh
- The 27th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament begins in the Malaysian city of Ipoh today. Six nations – India, hosts Malaysia, defending champions England, Australia, Argentina and Ireland – are taking part in the tournament.
- India, currently the world number six side, will take on world number two Argentina in their opening round-robin match this afternoon.
- The match will begin at 1:30 PM Indian Time.
Current Affairs World
Sri Lankan govt. launches Office of Missing Persons
- Sri Lanka has appointed commissioners to a special panel tasked with investigating war-era disappearances. The Office of Missing Persons was officially launched on Wednesday by President Maithripala Sirisena.
- The country’s Parliament agreed two years ago to the first steps toward reconciling its war-era past — tracing about 20,000 people who went missing during 37 years of fighting.
French president Emmanuel Macron to visit India on March 9
- French President Emmanuel Macron will pay a four-day visit to India from March 9 during which he would discuss the economic, political and strategic ties between the two countries.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold delegation-level talks with the French president on March 10.
- The leaders will co-chair the Founding Conference of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) a day later.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Facebook Rolls Out Job Search Feature In 40 Countries
- Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly in the process of launching its job application tool in over 40 countries, about a year after it was unveiled in the US and Canada.
- Somewhat similar to LinkedIn and Glassdoor, the feature allows users to look for jobs within Facebook.Among the countries in the list are France, Germany, Spain and the UK.
- Through the new service, Facebook users will now be able to search for and apply to jobs on both the mobile and desktop versions of the social networking app.
Twitter Bookmarks lets you save tweets for later
- Twitter has launched its Bookmarks feature globally that will give its over 300 million users a new way of saving tweets they like and might want to revisit and share.
- With our new “share” icon on every Tweet, the users will be able to bookmark a tweet, share via Direct Message, or Share off of Twitter any number of ways.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :