Current Affairs National
Asia’s biggest auto testing track inaugurated in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh
- Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries Babul Supriyo and Minister for Industry of Madhya Pradesh Rajendra Shukla inaugurated the Asia’s biggest auto testing track in Pithampur of Dhar district on Sunday.
- The programme was also addressed by the Managing Director of Mahindra and Mahindra Pawan Goenka and Chief Operating Officer of Eicher and Volvo Company RS Sachdeva.
3-day international bird festival to be held at Dudhwa National Park
- A three-day international bird festival will to be held at the Dudhwa National Park from February 9.
- Nearly 200 leading ornithologists are expected to attend the festival.
- “The purpose behind the international bird festival is to promote eco-tourism in Dudhwa and to give it a distinct international identity besides highlighting its traditional Tharu arts, culture and heritage,” Principal Chief Conservator of Forests SK Upadhyay said on Saturday.
Imp Note : Dudhwa National Park- The Dudhwa National Park is a national park in the Terai of Uttar Pradesh, India, and covers an area of 490.3 km².
India’s first ever ‘Khadi Haat’ inaugurated in Delhi
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) have launched the first ever ‘Khadi Haat’ in the country.
- Haat was inaugurated on January 25 by Union Minister of State Giriraj Singh in Connaught Place in presence of New Delhi Lok Sabha MP Meenakshi Lekhi, KVIC Chairman V K Saxena, NDMC Chairman Naresh Kumar and noted fashion designer Ritu Beri among others.
Armies of India and Vietnam began a six day-long military exercise in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh
- For the first time armies India and Vietnam will hold military exercise in Jabalpur (M.P.).
- India and Vietnam have been exploring ways to strengthen defence cooperation. The exercise is named ‘VINBAX’.
Imp Note: Vietnam’s Prime Minister – Nguyen Xuan Phuc
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Paytm, Alibaba’s AGTech Holdings launch new mobile gaming platform
- Mobile payments company Paytm and Alibaba Group-owned AGTech Holdings Ltd have formed a joint venture to launch Gamepind, a gaming platform aimed at mobile users in India.
- The platform will be available as a standalone app and in the Paytm app, the company said in a statement on Monday.
Imp Note : Chief executive officer of Paytm – Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
Current Affairs Sports
Under 19 World Cup
- India defeated Pakistan by massive 203 runs to enter the final of U19 Cricket World Cup.
- Batting first, India scored 272/9 in their allotted 50 overs. Shubman Gill scored 102 not out of 94 balls.
- Pakistan got out for a mere 69 in just 29.3 overs.
- India will face Australia on February 3 in the final. Australia had beaten Afghanistan by six wickets to reach the final.
Spicejet India Open international boxing championship
- Indian Olympian Boxer Shiva Thapa prepared for tougher challenges with a 5-0 victory over Dorji Wangdi of Bhutan in the pre-quarterfinals of the Spicejet India Open international boxing championship.
- The event was at Thyagaraj Indoor Stadium here on Monday.
- Manish Kaushik’s and Ankush Dahiya were the other Indian to reach the quarterfinals.
Current Affairs World
Indian-American Shantanu Narayen elected as vice chairman of USISPF Board
- Indian-American Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen has been elected as the Vice Chairman of the US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum.
- Shantanu Narayen is CEO of Adobe Systems and President of the board of the Adobe Foundation.
- US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) is a new organisation set up to enhance business relations between India and the US.
US lifts ban on refugees from 11 countries
- The United States announced on Monday that it was lifting its ban on refugees from 11 “high-risk” countries.
- Those seeking to enter the US would come under much tougher scrutiny than in the past.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Mahatma Gandhi’s 70th death anniversary
- India on Monday remembered the father of the nation on his 70th death anniversary.
- Gandhi was shot dead 70 years ago on January 30, 1948, by Nathuram Godse.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, President Ram Nath Kovind, Congress president reached Rajghat to pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi.
Imp Day : 30 January Martyrs’ Day
- Every year on January 30, Martyrs’ Day is observed.
- The day honors all those who gave their lives for the nation.
- Martyrs’ Day which is also known Sarvodaya Day or Shaheed Diwas also marks the assassination of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
Also Read : 29 January Current Affairs