Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Current Affairs National
Indian Navy’s three-week tri-service maritime exercise concludes
- Paschim Lehar, a three-week tri-service maritime exercise off India’s western coast, in which several ships, submarines and fighter aircraft participated, has concluded, the Navy said on Thursday.
- The objective of the exercise, which commenced on February 12, was to build interoperability.
- Over 40 naval assets including the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, frontline ships of the Western Fleet and Eastern Fleet, including the newly-inducted Kolkata class ones, submarines, potent missile vessels of the 22nd Killer Squadron, patrol vessels and craft of the local flotilla and the Coast Guard participated in the exercise.
Manik Sarkar Resigns As Tripura Chief Minister
- Outgoing Tripura chief minister Manik Sarkar submitted his resignation to governor Tathagata Roy today, a day after the CPI(M)-led Left Front was dethroned by the BJP-IPFT coalition after nearly 25 years in power.
- The governor advised Sarkar, who was chief minister since 1998, to continue until the new chief minister takes oath.
- Coming out of the Raj Bhavan, Sarkar told reporters that he and his ministers would not have been able to run the government for so many years unless the people and the employees extended their cooperation to them.
- He expressed gratitude to the people of the state and the staff members of the state administration.
- The BJP-IPFT combine scripted history yesterday by winning the Tripura Assembly polls with a two-third majority, ending 25 years of uninterrupted rule of the CPI(M)-led Left Front in the north-eastern state.
IIEST confers D.Litt on ex-President Pranab Mukherjee
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee was today conferred the D.Litt by the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST).
- Mukherjee was conferred the honorary D.Litt (Honoris Causa) at the 4th annual convocation of the IIEST here in Howrah district.
- “Director of IIEST Prof Ajoy Ray had earlier requested me to receive this honour but I did not agree then due to constitutional reasons.After I left the Rashtrapati Bhavan, I thought now I can accept the honour,” Mukherjee said.
- Ray said Mukherjee was chosen for the honour for his contributions in the fields of social, economics and arts.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
IDBI Bank cuts stake in Punjab Alkalies
- IDBI Bank has cut its stake In Punjab Alkalies & Chemicals (PAC). According to bulk deal data on the BSE, the bank has been selling its stake in the company.
- In 2018 so far, IDBI Bank has sold 18.11 lakh shares of PAC.Recently on February 28, IDBI sold 9.65 lakh shares at an average price of ₹25.35 and the shares were bought by Dayawati Dahiya.
- At the end of December 2017, IDBI Bank was holding 47.10 lakh shares, or 17.35 per cent stake in PAC.
Current Affairs Sports
Venkatesh Prasad steps down as BCCI junior national selection committee chairman
- Former India pace bowler Venkatesh Prasad on Friday tendered his resignation from the post of chairman, junior national selection committee, less than a month after the country won the ICC U-19 World Cup.
- Prasad, who has worked as the head of the junior national selection committee for 30 months, of late shared a cold relationship with the BCCI mandarins.
- It has been learnt that Prasad cited personal reasons for stepping down and has also mentioned that he doesn’t want to fall under the purview of ‘Conflict of Interest’.
- “It’s still not clear but there are chances that he might be joining any IPL franchise and that’s why he wanted to avoid a potential conflict of interest,” a senior BCCI official told.
KKR name Dinesh Karthik as captain for IPL 2018; Uthappa his deputy
- India’s wicket-keeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik has been appointed as the new captain of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for the 11th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Meanwhile, Saurashtra player Robin Uthappa has been named as the vice-captain of the side.
- Karthik will be taking over the captaincy from KKR’s long-serving captain Gautam Gambhir, who had led the franchise to their two IPL titles in 2012 and 2014.
Current Affairs World
NASA launches advanced weather satellite for western U.S.
- NASA launched another of the world’s most advanced weather satellites on Thursday, this time to safeguard the western U.S.
- The GOES-S satellite thundered toward orbit aboard an Atlas V rocket, slicing through a hazy late afternoon sky.
- Dozens of meteorologists gathered for the launch, including TV crews from the Weather Channel and WeatherNation.GOES-S is the second satellite in an approximately $11 billion effort that’s already revolutionising forecasting with astonishingly fast, crisp images of hurricanes, wildfires, floods, mudslides and other natural calamities.
- The first spacecraft in the series, GOES-16, has been monitoring the Atlantic and East Coast for the past year for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration .
Women march in London to call for gender equality
- Thousands of people joined a march in central London calling for gender equality and to celebrate the 100th anniversary of women getting the vote.
- The event, organised by the charity Care, was the sixth annual #March4Women, which is held each year on or near International Women’s Day on 8 March.
- Organisers promised an “uplifting and inspiring” march, which aimed to shine a spotlight on the inequality women and girls face worldwide.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Hidden Penguin Mega-Colonies Discovered in Antarctica
- A previously unknown “mega-colony” of Adelie penguins have been found on the islands, which sit on Antarctica’s northern tip.
- More than 1.5 million of the birds were found in 2015 during a survey of the area, according to a report in the journal Scientific Reports.
- Researchers estimate the Danger Islands hold the largest colonies of Adelie penguins in Antarctica and the third- and fourth-largest colonies in the world.
National Safety Day And National Safety Week
- The National Safety Day/Week Campaign is celebrated in India every year (organized by the National Safety Council) to commemorate the establishment of this event, 4th of March as well as enhance the safety awareness among people.
- National Safety Council of India is a self-governing body (non profit and nongovernmental organization for public service) which was established on 4th of March in 1966 under the Societies Act in Mumbai, having over 8000 members.
- It is a national movement carried out on annual basis to prevent and lessen the loss of life including various human being problems and their financial loss through availing them with safety, health and environment related support services.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :