About Ankit Pannu 2017 UPSC Topper, About Ankit Pannu UPSC topper, IAS Officer Ankit Pannu, Interview of UPSC 2017 topper, The story of Ankit Pannu 2017 Topper, UPSC 2017 Topper, UPSC Preparation Strategy, UPSC topper Ankit Pannu, UPSC CSE, IAS Exam, IAS Exam 2017, UPSC topper, Ankit Pannu
Ankit Pannu: AIR 31, UPSC CSE 2017
Every year UPSC conducts civil services examination for the recruitment of various civil services like Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS), and Indian Revenue Services (IRS) etc. The result of UPSC Civil Services Examination was declared in May. This year result came with some interesting stories of toppers.
Anudeep Durishetty an IRS Officer secured 1st rank & becomes the topper of CSE 2017. 2nd rank is secured by Anu Kumari who started her career after her marriage. Sachin Gupta has secured 3rd rank with his dedication & hard work.
Ankit Pannu has secured 31st rank in CSE 2017. So let’s begin his journey.
About Ankit Pannu
Name: Ankit Pannu
Rank: AR 31
Year: CSE 2017
Optional Subject: Political Science and International Relations
Roll No.: 0145144
No. of Attempts: 2
Educational Qualification: B. Tech
Ankit has secured 31st rank in one of the toughest exams, he had done a lot of hard work to achieve his dream. According to him the dream to become an IAS officer needs a lot of hard work, consistency, commitment and a positive attitude throughout your journey. He had done engineering. He started preparing for UPSC civil services examination when he was in the 4th year of his engineering. Because if you start early, you will get a lot of advantages. So you people can also try to begin your journey at an early stage.
He was preparing for CSE from his engineering days. He first attempted the exam in 2016 when his college got over. He got 2 months for the preparation and he used to follow the Insights 60-day plan and completed the daily targets and attended many quizzes. During the second month, he started attempting the test series. Test series will help you got to know more about the exam. He attended the test series of Insights and Vision IAS. He used to attempt 1 or 2 tests per day. After attempting the test he used to write down the topics where he got his answers wrongs. At the beginning of the journey, there were 40-45 topics about which he didn’t know anything. He used to write the topics and revise them again and again. At last at the end of the preparation the no. of topics reduced to 20- 25. All this will help you to analyze your progress. If you are able to reduce the topics, you are going in right direction but if you are not able to reduce the topics, then you have to work a lot.
For the mains preparation, he totally relied on Insights and IAS baba. They helped him in improving the writing skills and the quality of the answer. In his first attempt, he got 444 ranks in CSE and got recruited in Indian Revenue Services (IRS).
The mistake he made during his first attempt was his essay preparation. He never used to write essays before the exam and take the paper lightly.
He didn’t have a lot of time for CSE 2017 preparation as he got few days for the prelims exam. The prelims were held just 18 days after the 2016 final results. But this time he got more prepared for the CSE paper. He worked a lot on his essay skills. He wrote at least 14-15 essays. After writing an essay he used to take feedback from his friends and mentors and try to improve his writing skills.
For the main preparation, he again followed Insights and IAS baba test series. But this time for his optional subject he used to attend Shubra Test Series. This time he was more focused on the essay exam.
For the interview preparation, he used to attend the mock tests at various institutes.
And after doing a lot of hard work he was able to achieve 31st rank all over India. He made his family proud by achieving his dream.
Study Material/ Books
The books or study material he used to study during his preparation are discussed below. You can also go for the below books or you can choose according to your choice and convenience.
- Ancient History: Old and New NCERTs, Tamil Nadu Textbook class 11th.
- Medieval History: Old and New NCERTs and Tamil Nadu Textbook class 11th.
- Culture: Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania, CCRT and Class 11th Fine Arts NCERT.
- Modern History: Old NCERT by Bipin Chandra and The Brief History of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir (Spectrum Publications).
- Geography: New NCERTs and G.C. Leong.
- Social Issues: Do a detailed analysis of topics in news.
- Polity: Laxmikanth
- International Relations: Read newspaper daily and online sources
- Economy: Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh and Daily Economy section in the newspaper.
- Environment: Shankar IAS and ICSE Board (Class 9th to 12th).
- Science and Technology: Sc. and Tech. by Ashok Kumar Singh.
- Ethics (GS-4): Lexicon
If you are looking for various online sources for the CSE preparation, then you can go for the below sources:
- www.Insightsonindia.com – For Current Affairs, SECURE, Editorial analysis, and Test series.
- www.iasbaba.com – For Current affairs, TLP, Yojana/Kurukshetra Gist, PIB news.
- http://www.prsindia.org – For Indian polity.
- https://idsa.in/ – For Internal Security and International Relations.
- http://www.arthapedia.in – For Indian Economy and its governance.
- http://vikaspedia.in/InDG – For Social Development.
- http://www.gatewayhouse.in – For International Relations.
- https://chellaney.net – For International Relations.
- https://www.indiabudget.gov.in – For Indian Budget and Economic Survey.
- http://pib.nic.in/ – Authentic Government news/facts.
Also read: The journey of Rishi Raj: 2017 UPSC Topper
List of 2017 Toppers
- Anudeep Durishetty: AIR 1, CSE 2017
- Anu Kumari: AIR 2, CSE 2017
- Sachin Gupta: AIR 3, CSE 2017
- Atul Prakash: AIR 4, CSE 2017
- Pratham Kaushik: AIR 5, CSE 2017
- Koya Shree Harsha: AIR 6, CSE 2017
- Ayush Sinha: AIR 7, CSE 2017
- Soumya Sharma: AIR 9, CSE 2017
- Abhishek Surana: AIR 10, CSE 2017
- Ashima Jain: AIR 12, CSE 2017
- Neha Jain: AIR 14, CSE 2017
- Shikha Surendran: AIR 16, CSE 2017
- Sangh Priy: AIR 92, CSE 2017
- Mudit Jain: AIR 173, CSE 2017
- Sagar Kumar: AIR 13, CSE 2017
- Abhilasha Abhinav: AIR 18, CSE 2017
- Abhijeet Sinha: AIR 19, CSE 2017
- Varjeet Walia: AIR 21, CSE 2017
- Akhil Pilani: AIR 22, CSE 2017
- Shivani Gupta: AIR 121, CSE 2017
- Amandeep Singh: AIR 349, CSE 2017
- Tapasya Parihar: AIR 23, CSE 2017
- Rishi Raj: AIR 27, CSE 2017
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.