upsc interview strategy, questions for upsc interview, about Sagar Kumar Jha, necessary questions for upsc interview, tricky questions asked in upsc interview, preparation guide for upsc interview, about upsc topper
Questions Asked in UPSC CSE Interview- Hear from Toppers
As we all know UPSC examination is divided into three stages i.e. Preliminary Examination followed by Main Examination and last but very important Personality Test/ Interview. The interview is like the climax of an interesting story, everything depends on your interview. The interview process is very interesting, important as well as memorable part.
Also, it is usually misunderstood, least prepared for and often the most mishandled and mismanaged process. But if you prepare for it well then it is the easiest and most rewarding experience.
So, in this article, we are going to discuss some questions which have been asked to the toppers of UPSC CSE. It is just a process of 25 minutes to 35 minutes and the scoring marks had a wide range of 140 to 220. It is the last chance for all the candidates to improve scores. Even if your marks in mains are not well and your marks are near cut off, then you can score high in the interview and improve your marks and be in the selection list.
Must read: The journey of Sahil Gupta: UPSC Topper
Sagar Kumar Jha: UPSC Topper
Sagar Kumar Jha is the topper of UPSC Civil Services Examination by securing 1st rank all over India. He has completed his graduation in Computer Science from IIT BHU. He chooses Mathematics as his optional subject for CSE. He has a work experience as a Software Engineer at Samsung. As he chose mathematics as his optional subjects so the questions related to mathematics have also been asked to him.
There are total five members who were taking the interview. The chairman was also there along with the five members. Some of the questions which members asked him during his interview are:
- The chairman will ask you about your marks in Xth and XIIth standard especially in your optional subject. In his case, the question was “How many marks did you get in Math’s in class XII?”
- The next question is “When we have BSF as a border guarding force, why need SSB?”
- What would you speak to promote Mathematics to the school students?
- If a laborer earns Rs. 75 in 1st day and Rs. 95 on the next day, what would be the average wage?
- If a bus goes from A to B at a speed of 40 kmph and returns at the speed of 60 kmph, what is his average speed during the entire journey?
- As Sagar completed his studies from BHU so they also asked something related to his college. “When was IT BHU made IIT BHU? What difference has it made?”
- Why is the Munger famous?
- What is the accountable government?
- How can we ensure government accountability?
- What is the status of women in Bihar?
- What is the state of R & D in India?
- What is the need for R & D?
- A member also asked a situational question. “Your domestic help comes to you and complains to you about her drunkard husband who comes from work and beats her under the influence of alcohol. What would be your step of action?”
- What was the earlier name of BHU and who is the founder of BHU?
- Why is Varanasi named so?
- Why is Kashi famous?
- What is the top three industrial revolution?
Must see: The strategy for UPSC Interview.
Vinay Mallipudi: UPSC Topper
As UPSC is one of the toughest exams so, it is not easy to clear the interview also but when there is a will there is a hope. Anyone can achieve his/her dreams.
Vinay attempted the UPSC CSE 2016 & got selected in Indian Revenue Services (IRS). It was his second attempt for CSE. He is an engineer from Pondicherry University. He is currently living in Pondicherry. He has chosen Philosophy as his optional subject for UPSC CSE.
Some of the questions asked to him during his interview are given below.
- You are from Yanam, Pondicherry. Why is UT of Puducherry set up in such 4 distinct geographical regions? Isn’t it difficult for administration?
- Why can’s Yanam be merged with Andhra Pradesh?
- You have a very good academic record from childhood to graduation. So your parents must be loving you very much. Right?
- Now tell me whether you faced any difference of opinions with your parents and if so how did you resolve such dilemma at such a young age?
- Cricket is your hobby. can you tell me about bodyline series?
- Now tell me is it ethical on part of England resorting to such tactics on the ground and If you were the captain of England in that scenario what you would have done?
- What is the name of dismissal named after a cricketer?
- Do you still find any French connection in Yanam?
- Why French helped American war of independence 1775 when they were facing the economic and political crisis?
- The significance of Yanam and what are its basic socio-economic and governance problems as you observed all these years?
- Philosophy as an optional. What are the major differences between Indian and western philosophy?
- Prime Minister went to Srilanka to participate in UN Vesak day. Why is he focusing on such events rather he should visit to resolve some more serious issues like fishermen issue and CEPA, signing some strategic and economic pacts etc.,
- What is the motto of Pondicherry University?
- Which country is known as the land of midnight sun?
- What is ombudsman in India?
- Why has Lokpal not yet been constituted?
- Assume you become a prophet and established a new religion give me its important characteristics. Can you also give a name for it?
- What is current TCS RatanTata vs Cyrus Mistry issue? Do you think it reflects the larger issue of corporate governance problems?
- Do you think there is still bright future for IT industry considering current crisis it is facing?
- Why so many countries showing interest in OBOR project?
- Why is India not showing interest in OBOR?
So these were some questions which were asked in the UPSC Civil Services Examination Interview. So do prepare yourself and make yourself ready for your interview.
Must see: The strategy for UPSC Prelims.
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.