IAS officers are considered as top most prestigious job holders In India which control the over all policy formation to implementation right from Block Level to Chief Secretary Level. Most of the people wonder how much salary an IAS officer draws – Right During Training Period and Once they Join at the District Head quarters.
So After 7th Pay commission there is an increase in starting salary of IAS officers, so Lets See the Figure which were put by one of the New Joinee IAS officer on quora. There are various reliable source from which we have come to amount of salary they get,
- During Training Period Salary of IAS Officer :
In Hand Salary is : Rs 50,000 to Rs 58,000/- ( Minus Mess Bill Approx Rs 5000) = Net Amount Approx Rs 50,000/-
So let me put the Figures about salary During Training Period :
- Basic – 56,100
- DA – 2805 (@5%)
- Total – 58905
Out of this 10% would go towards NPS. So you will be left with Rs. 53000. Subtracting about Rs. 2 – 3 K per month for Income Tax yields Rs. 50K.
- After Training On Field Joining Salary is :
In Hand Salary : RS 55,000 to Rs 58,000/- ( variable based on DA rates.) plus 3% increment on seniority basis which they get once join at senior scale after 2 years.
One of the IAS Trainee Who has recently Completed the Training has put the Clear Cut Answer about the Salary as Show Below
For detailed analysis please read on below…
Salary Calculation of IAS Officers After 7th Pay Commission
IAS officers undergo raining at Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy of Administration, Mussoorie for few months and join as officer trainee at State cadre assigned, So IAS officers get salary during Training period right from Day 1 of joining at LBSAA as well. There are various IAS officers who have recently joined as put their salary on Quora – So here is the salary which they get during training period – Rs 50,000/- to Rs 55,000/- .
The salary includes basic pay, dearness allowance and transport allowance of any officers or government employees, So HRA is not part of the salary and after 7th Pay commission CPC has recommended to remove the principle of Grade Pay as well. So from now on, IAS Officers will have basic salary without a Grade Pay.
Starting salary of an IAS/IPS/IRS/or for that matter any group A service will be Rs 56100/- after the implementation of 7th Pay Commission.
Here is the detailed breakup of the salary :-
- IAS officers are put Group A service so as per the 7th Pay Commission they fall in Level 10 in the Pay Mtrix of 7th CPC which is equivalent to Rs 21000 with Rs 5400 as grade pay Plus they get the additional DA which is 4% currently.
So Basic Salary Comes out to be = Rs 56,100/-
- On Top of IAS officers are Entitled for HRA, DA, Transportation Components like other govt officials as below :
DA (6%) : 3366 (This is Variable )
Transport Allowance (Basic): 7200 /-
DA on Transport allowance: 432 /-
HRA: 13464/- ( This is usually not provid
ed as most of the IAS officers Opt for Accommodation) .
Adding Above Components it comes out to be Rs 80562, however HRA is not paid as IAS officers are provided with accommodation So lets remove the HRA part so Gross Salary will be 67098/-
- Lets talk About the In-Hand Salary – Deductions
In-hand salary is net cash we get in bank so there are standard Deductions, These are the basic Deductions which are done for every govt employees :-
- NPS (10% of basic) 5610 /-
- CGEHIS: 120
- CGHS : 325
- Income Tax: 4000-5000/- As per your income tax brackets
Therefore Net Salary will be or In Hand Salary Would be Rs 55000/- (approx).
Let me Summarize the Calculation:
In-Hand Salary = Basic Pay + DA, Transport Allowance – Deductions
= Rs 56,00 + 3300(DA) + Rs 7200 (Transport) – Rs 5600 (NPS) – 435(CGHS) – 4000( Income Tax)
= Rs 55,000/- Approximately.
So In Short a Newly Joined IAS Officer Will Get In-Hand Salary of Rs 50,000 to Rs 55,000/-. Considering other perks and facilities this salary is not bad at all. There are other faculties IAS officers gets are excluded from above salary.
Other Perks and Facilities which IAS Officer Gets
you might have seen IAS or Collectors are synonym of – “Lal Batti “, Yes Every IAS officers get the Government Vehicle along with security gurads, Big Bungalow at the District Head Quarter ( A Govt Flat if you are posted in Metro City).
Here is list of Other Perks as part of Job :
- They have Impressive accommodation at minimal rates.
- And also Household help and security guards
- They get Official vehicles – Lal Batti ‘s are not there.
- They don’t have to pay the electricity bill.i.e they have Free electricity
- They get Free phone call facility
- They have High level of job security
- They Option for taking study leave abroad
- They shall get Lifetime pension and other retirement benefits
- Also, all perks offered to PSU officers