About Amit Pal upsc topper, IAS Topper 2015, Scores of IAS Topper, Story of Amit Pal, Strategy by UPSC topper Amit Pal, Strategy to crack UPSC Examination, Success story of UPSC topper
The Journey of Amit Pal: UPSC CSE 2015 Topper, Rank- 17
IAS (Indian Administrative Service) recruits candidates through UPSC for various Civil Services. To become an IAS officer is a dream of all peoples who are preparing for UPSC Exams. Amit made his dream come true by his dedication, simplicity and hard work and the will to never give up. He has done hard work in a simple manner to make his dream reality.
UPSC IAS is one of the toughest examinations in India. He becomes the national topper of UPSC by securing 17th rank all over India. He is currently an IAS officer. He cracked the exam in 2016.
So, in this article, we are going to discuss his journey towards his dream job. All the candidates who want to clear the exam can read this article and motivate themselves by his journey.
About Amit Pal
Name: Amit Pal
Mother’s Name: Prem Sharma
Father’s Name: Amarjit Sharma
Brother’s Name: Ajay Pal Sharma
Date of Birth: 4 September 1991
Hometown: Ludhiana, Punjab
Rank: AIR 17
Year: CSE 2015
Roll no.: 0430914
No. of Attempts: 3
Optional Code: 60
Service Allotted: IAS
Amit Pal used to live in Ludhiana, Punjab. Amit’s father Amarjit Sharma is a retired lecturer and he motivated his son towards civil services. His mother Prem Sharma is s housewife but she also plays an important role in his success and in an interview his mother said that “My both sons have made me proud.”
His brother Ajay Pal is an IPS Officer and he is the only motivation for him to join civil services. His father always wanted his sons to do something & work for the educational sector & become a director general. His brother is currently posted as SSP of Uttar Pradesh.
Amit had never taken any kind of coaching for UPSC Civil Services Examination. He always believed in hard work that’s why he never get disheartened by some failures. He wanted to become an IAS officer to fulfill the dream of his parents.
In one of his interviews, Amit stated that “It was the guidance of my father, the motivation of Amarjit Pal Sharma, his elder brother who also holds MBBS degree and inspiration from school Principal Mohal Lal Kalra, because of which I was rightly inclined towards joining Civil Services right from my school days.” He gave the credit of his success to his parents, family and his teacher.
As Amit used to live in Ludhiana, Punjab so, he completed his studies from Ludhiana. Amit completed his 10th from Model Sr. Sec. School, Shastri Nagar. He got 90% in his 10th standard. He also did his 12th from Model Sr. Sec. School and secure good marks with 87%.
Amit was always a brilliant student. His principal always supported him in the studies & guided him towards the preparation of UPSC Civil Services Examination.
After completing the schooling from science stream, he decided to become a doctor. So he did his MBBS from the Government Medical College in Patiala. After completing his MBBS he decided to follow the footsteps of his brother & started his preparation for civil services.
Also read: The stories of some UPSC Toppers.
Number of Attempts
Nothing is easier, you have to do a lot of hard work to achieve success in your life. So Amit has also done a lot of hard work. When he first attempted the exam, he cleared the exam with rank 630. He got selected in IRTS (Indian Railway Traffic services). But Amit was not satisfied with his attempt, so he decides to again give an attempt.
In his second attempt, he got a rank of 139 & selected in IPS. He improved very much from his first attempt but again this was not what he wanted. His dream is to become an IAS officer so how could he settle for less.
He started finding his weaknesses & worked on them. He found that he was getting fewer marks in the essay, so he decided to work on it. When he appeared for his third attempt in 2015. He cleared the exam with 17th rank & become a national topper as well as get an IAS.
Finally, he achieved his dream of becoming an IAS officer by doing hard work.
Marks of Amit Pal
He scores a total of 973 marks & secure 17th position all over India. He made his family proud by his achievement by becoming a national topper & achieving his dream. His scores are given below:
Mandatory/ Compulsory Subjects
General Studies 1: 110
General Studies 2: 85
General Studies 3: 105
General Studies 4: 104
Optional Paper 1: 147
Optional Paper 2: 123
Written Total: 805
Interview/ Personality Test: 168
Total Marks: 973
- Time Management: It is the key to success. You have to manage your time properly as well as smartly. The syllabus for UPSC CSE is very huge, so you have to be smart enough to cover the whole syllabus in a short span of time.
- Solve Previous Year Papers: Solving previous year appear is the only guide which can help you maximum to get an idea about the exam pattern. Try to solve as many papers as you can before the exam. Take a target to solve the paper in the given time. Try to solve the paper before the given time.
- Choose Optional Subject Smartly: Always choose the optional subject which you are comfortable with. The most important thing is your interest towards the subject, your command on the subject& the availability of the study material of that subject.
- Don’t Forget Negative Marking: UPSC is not only about how much you attempt, it’s about how much you score. Negative marking is a tedious thing. You should answer those questions which you are sure about or you know the answer perfectly or you can also attempt those question for which you know 60-70% information. You should never attempt the question about which you know nothing, if you will attempt it then it may be lead to negative marking.
- Answer Writing: It is very important to write a relevant answer, as UPSC is all about how good you can write. So always practice writing answer before the exam. Practice maximum answers during your preparation.
So we hope, that our article will help you & motivate you to UPSC CSE.
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.