About 2017 UPSC Topper, About Rishi Raj 2017 UPSC Topper, Rishi Raj IAS, Rishi Raj UPSC topper, The story of Rishi Raj 2017 Topper, UPSC 2017 Topper, UPSC Preparation Strategy, UPSC topper Rishi Raj, UPSC CSE, IAS Exam, IAS Exam 2017, UPSC topper, Rishi Raj
The Journey of Rishi Raj: Rank 27, UPSC CSE 2017
Every year UPSC conducts civil services examination for the recruitment of various civil services like Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS), and Indian Revenue Services (IRS) etc. The result of UPSC Civil Services Examination was declared in May. This year result came with some interesting stories of toppers.
Anudeep Durishetty an IRS Officer secured 1st rank & becomes the topper of CSE 2017. 2nd rank is secured by Anu Kumari who started her career after her marriage. Sachin Gupta has secured 3rd rank with his dedication & hard work.
Rishi Raj has secured 27th rank in CSE 2017. So let’s begin his journey.
Also read: The journey of Girish Dilip Badole: 2017 UPSC Topper
About Rishi Raj
Name: Rishi Raj
Age: 24 Years
Hometown: Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh
Rank: AIR 27
Year: CSE 2017
Roll No.: 0730471
Optional Subject: Electrical Engineering
No. of Attempts: 2
Educational Qualification: B. Tech from (IIT) ISM Dhanbad
Also read: The journey of Abhijeet Sinha: 2017 UPSC Topper
Rishi was born and brought up in Madhya Pradesh. He belongs to a small city where people do not have a lot of resources for the preparation. His father is a manager at NTPC Dadri, UP. His mother is a housewife. He has a younger brother also who had done electrical engineering and currently doing a job. He did not have a lot of money to come to Delhi for CSE preparation but he used the technology for the preparation. He used all the online sources available for the CSE preparation like IAS baba, Neo Stencil and Insights.
He has completed his schooling from a school at Madhya Pradesh. After completing his schooling he started preparing for IIT JEE as he wants to pursue engineering. He had done his B. Tech in Electrical Engineering from (IIT) ISM Dhanbad.
Also read: The journey of Abhilasha Abhinav: 2017 UPSC Topper
When media person asked him about his reaction after seeing his name in the top rankers. He got a call from his friend at 7 pm and his friend congratulated him and told him that he has secured 27th rank in the civil services examination. But he felt that it was a prank made by his friend. So he went through UPSC website, he confirmed it about 4 to 5 times with his name and roll no. and then finally after checking a lot of times, he was at peace that the person at 27th rank is the only. And he found himself totally out of this preparation cycle. He gives the credit of his success to his family and God.
Also read: The journey of Varjeet Walia: 2017 UPSC Topper
It was not his childhood dream to become an IAS officer but an incident inspired him to become an IAS officer and do something for the country. When he was pursuing his graduation in Dhanbad in Jharkhand, he had seen many females getting harassed at public area. At that time, he used to feel bad that he couldn’t do anything and no one in the administration who can address our issues. That is why after that incident he decided to go for civil services and do something for the women safety. Women security was the prime influencer to prepare for UPSC CSE.
Also read: The journey of Akhil Pilani: 2017 UPSC Topper
He started the CSE preparation when he was in college. He first attempted the CSE in 2015 at that time he was able to clear the prelims as well as mains. That was good but he didn’t make it to the interview and he did not get selected for civil services. At that time he felt very bad that all of his hard work is wasted now as he cleared the mains but still not able to go for civil services.
He never gets disheartened by the failures. According to him, failure is the first step towards learning. Then again in 2017, he gave the exam, with a different strategy and better preparation. He cleared the prelims and mains. He was waiting for the interview result. After seeing himself on the 27th rank was something very inspiring and surprising for him. Finally, he achieved what he dreamt of and only because of his hard work. So, never stop doing hard work and do not focus on the results.
Also read: The UPSC CSE preparation strategy by Shivani Gupta: 2017 UPSC Topper.
You have to choose your optional subject smartly, always choose an optional subject which you are comfortable with. He opted for electrical engineering as his optional subject. This is the biggest advantage to him as he had done electrical engineering before which made him much stronger for the optional preparation. He didn’t take any coaching for the optional subject preparation. He was a gold medalist from IIT so he was able to handle the subject very easily. He has a stronghold on this subject which helped him a lot in the entire preparation.
Also read: The journey of Shivani Gupta: 2017 UPSC Topper
Prelims Paper 1: General Studies
- History Ancient: Old Ncert
- History Modern (Freedom Struggle): Spectrum
- Culture and society: Ncert class 11 book
- Polity (theory + current): M. laxmikanth, current affairs compilation
- Economy (theory + current): Mrunal videos, current affairs compilation
- Science (theory + current): current affairs compilation
- Environment (theory + current): Shankar Ias book, current affairs compilation
- Geography physical: Ncert class 11 book
- Geography India: Ncert class 11 book
- Geography world: Ncert class 11 book
- Schemes, Policy & Filler Stuff: current affairs compilation
Also read: The journey of Amandeep Singh: 2017 UPSC Topper
Answer Writing Strategy
While writing an answer in mains you must consider the following points:
- Read questions quickly & carefully.
- Mark out questions you know least about.
- Keep the introduction & the conclusion limited. 2 lines for each thing should be fine.
- Includes facts & figures in your answer. Mentioning facts is the smartest way to start an answer in General Studies.
- Use keyword & adjectives in your answer.
- Draw diagrams wherever possible.
- Write the answer body in bullet points.
- Highlight the important points of your answer.
- At the end give suggestions & sum up your answer.
Also read: The journey of Tapasya Parihar: 2017 UPSC Topper
List of 2017 Toppers
- Anudeep Durishetty: AIR 1, CSE 2017
- Anu Kumari: AIR 2, CSE 2017
- Sachin Gupta: AIR 3, CSE 2017
- Atul Prakash: AIR 4, CSE 2017
- Pratham Kaushik: AIR 5, CSE 2017
- Koya Shree Harsha: AIR 6, CSE 2017
- Ayush Sinha: AIR 7, CSE 2017
- Soumya Sharma: AIR 9, CSE 2017
- Abhishek Surana: AIR 10, CSE 2017
- Ashima Jain: AIR 12, CSE 2017
- Neha Jain: AIR 14, CSE 2017
- Shikha Surendran: AIR 16, CSE 2017
- Sangh Priy: AIR 92, CSE 2017
- Mudit Jain: AIR 173, CSE 2017
- Sagar Kumar: AIR 13, CSE 2017
- Abhilasha Abhinav: AIR 18, CSE 2017
- Abhijeet Sinha: AIR 19, CSE 2017
- Varjeet Walia: AIR 21, CSE 2017
- Akhil Pilani: AIR 22, CSE 2017
- Shivani Gupta: AIR 121, CSE 2017
- Amandeep Singh: AIR 349, CSE 2017
- Tapasya Parihar: AIR 23, CSE 2017
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.