About Nishant Jain, IAS Topper 2016, Nishant Jain IAS Topper Interview, Nishant Jain marks, Strategy by UPSC topper Nishant Jain, Success story of UPSC topper, Tips for preparation for UPSC
UPSC CSE Preparation Strategy by Nishant Jain: AIR 13 CSE 2014
IAS Nishant Jain is one of the national toppers of UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014. He has achieved great success by his hard work and spirit to never give up. He has secured 13th rank in Civil Services Examination 2014. He has topped in his optional subject i.e. Hindi Literature and also he has got the third highest marks in the written exam and same goes for essay marks. He has three siblings and he belongs to Meerut, he gives the credit of his success to his family and especially to his elder brother Prashant Jain.
So let’s start with the strategy and journey of Nishant Jain.
About Nishant Jain
Name: Nishant Jain
Brother’s Name: Prashant Jain
Rank: AIR 13
Year: CSE 2014
Roll No.: 82606
No. of Attempts: 2
Optional Subject: Hindi Literature
Nishant came out from a small lane of old city areas of Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. He has made his dream come true by moving ahead on the path of success gradually and step by step. Nishant’s grandfather was a Junior Court Officer in the court. His grandmother was not much educated but she knows the importance of education and knowledge. His father had studied till class Xth and his mother was an Arts graduate.
Must read: Everything about UPSC exam from scratch.
He is a good student from his school days. He had completed his schooling at Meerut. After doing his graduation he has done M.A. (Hindi) from a college in Meerut. He has also done M.Phil from Delhi University.
- Prelims exam is the toughest stage of CSE. But if you will prepare for right techniques then you can easily clear it. The strategy which Nishant used to follow for prelims exams is discussed below.
- On and before the day of the exam remain calm and stress-free.
- Focus on your actions and hard work rather than its result, you will have a psychological edge over the candidates.
- Another key to clear the prelims is to handle the negative marking. You will have to practice a lot while preparing for prelims. You can take help of various mock test and previous year question papers.
- To qualify this exam you have to be a learner. Try to make your area of study comprehensive this will help you to become able to connect various segments of General Studies with one another, we get an edge over others.
- Always try to learn and gain knowledge. You have to use your time properly like if you are walking on the roads then you can learn something new from the government advertisements on education, health, and taxes etc.
- You must be familiar with the government websites and various portals.
Must read: The strategy for UPSC Interview.
Mains Examination Tips
It is the final key to achieve success in CSE. If you are giving your best in Mains then you should not have to rely on your interview. Some techniques which Nishant used to follow are:
- Be open-minded and respect the views of other persons. When you are open minded you will believe that other’s views are also correct to some extent, this will help you in improving the quality of your answers.
- Do not depend only on textbooks and coaching institutes. Try to integrate the information from multiple sources. Your approach should be multi-dimensional and comprehensive. Try to look different things and find some relation between them this will help you to phrase an answer with multiple views.
- Now CSE questions papers are more dynamic and less traditional. You cannot rely only on textbooks. So the importance of writing skills and language is very much in CSE. You should have a command over the language you are using in the exam. Another thing is you also have to work on your writing skills.
- So, if you are choosing Hindi or English or any other language as your optional then you should have a command over that particular language. You are able to write the reasonable answer in that language.
- Now as the technology is increasing people are more focusing on media, the value of general reading is drastically fallen. If you want to score good marks then you must expand your area of reading like reading books, reading magazines etc. This will help you to make your answer diversified, comprehensive and interesting especially in Ethics and Essay.
- The two main papers in CSE are Essay and General Studies IV (Ethics). You can see that the marks of these two papers are very fluctuating. If you want to score good rank then you will have to pay equal attention to both of them due to the importance of both of these papers.
- Do not write your first essay in your examination directly. Practice writing some essays on the recent topic before the exam. Try to practice more and more essay and case studies.
Must read: The strategy for UPSC Prelims.
- Your essay should reflect your thought process and it should be in a systematic manner.
- There must be a connection between two paragraphs. There should be a particular flow in the essay.
- The range of your essay must be multi-dimensional and wide. Like you can cover various aspects of historical, social, economic, cultural, geographical, philosophical and political.
- You should introduce your topic in the beginning one or two paragraphs. Your essay should include conclusion with a clear idea.
Some tips or points which you should consider while appearing for your interview are:
- Don’t try to be fake or don’t try to become like others. Reflect yourself. Be natural and remain calm.
- Don’t try to befool the board at any cost. So, don’t be over smart and never bluff.
- Start saying your answer when they are done with their conclusion. Listen to the boards with patience. Take your time then start saying your answer.
- If you have a conflict of view with the board members, then try to respect their views. Everyone has a different personality with the different views.
- Be humble and a keen learner so that they may identify whether you are trainable or not.
If you have any doubt or need guidance you can comment below, our team will try to answer it.